Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Transgender HS student wants to use female locker room

Quote:I tend to look at things logicaly as well (at least it makes sense to me damn it). So, really do get where you're coming from with what your stance. I don't judge you for it, it's perfectly natural for you to question something that really doesn't make sense to you. "But, you have a weiner, you're a boy". I do get that.

I don't necessarily agree with person in question calling it bigotry. I feel a more than adequete solution was offered, which really I must applaud. We've come a long way in that regard right there. This is one one of those sticky situations that I feel has to be handled case by case. I don't think one size fits all when it comes to situations such as this. Just because one person requests something doesn't mean we have to change all the rules. It can be determined based on that specific case. I think it was handled fine.
It's hard to take someone throwing the bigotry card in this seriously because we're talking about teenagers. They're still trying to figure out who they are post-pubescent with all of the raging hormones much less trying to deal with a He who thinks he's a She and vice versa. I don't care how 'smart' kids are these days, they're still kids and people calling them bigots is showing the mindset of those throwing that word around. If it's a kid throwing the word around they're getting it from somewhere and it's nowhere good. 

I too think the solution provided was adequate and can't see the problem. I think part of the issue is, in today's society, no matter who or what you're talking about individually or as a group, it's almost demanded of them to cry foul if they don't get their way. Words like bigot, close-minded and racist are becoming more commonplace in social society because people aren't getting their way. I'm not saying there aren't real issues, because there are, but the way a lot of it is being handled by those who feel offended is not the best way. Calling people names is not a good way to get people to listen to what you have to say. 

Messages In This Thread
Transgender HS student wants to use female locker room - by americus 2.0 - 09-20-2015, 07:01 PM