Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Transgender HS student wants to use female locker room

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jj82284" data-cid="564165" data-time="1443838021">
<div>
Unless they explicitly entered the lease with explicit knowledge of a specific morality clause then i feel that the actions of the landlord would violate your friends right to fair treatment and due process given that the rent is current.  ***Still not an answer because the facts I have already presented have already proven that while you feel the actions of the landlord SHOULD violate their rights, without an expansion of a given city's Human Rights Ordinance to include those six words which WOULD protect them, it does NOT here in Jacksonville and it did not where my friends live.  Also..  I have NEVER heard of ANY lease which contains a "morality clause."    So...  a simple yes or no would suffice..  Do you think it's okay for a person to be able to be fired from their job, evicted from their home or kicked out of a restaurant  just for being gay or transgender?***

Show me the court documents where your friend went through an eviction instigated by their landlord and processed by the State of Florida that held the only reason that your friend was evicted was because of their child's lifestyle and evidence that the rent was current.  You show me that and I will concede that there needs to be a staturtory change to reflect the rights granted under the 14th amendment.  

Icidentally linclon was going to implement the civil rights that were delayed by a century begore he was assasinated and the plain text of the amendments clearly RECOGNIZED the inalienable rights MENTIONED in the declaration of independence and endowed by our creator.  ***Yeah..  it took 100 years because Lincoln was killed.    Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....   Jim Crow says this is horse manure.***

<b><i>You can choose to disagree if you like.  There are plenty of people who say that we didn't go to the moon and some who believe that our country is truly run by aliens.  The truth is that Lincoln wanted to see the implementation of the slave amendments and extension of civil rights to freed slaves and when he was killed a deeply racist Democrat took his place and didn't share his ideas for integration.   </i></b>

However you do point out the fact that the central government is not omnipresent and it is hard to legislate integration. The false belief that there is a magic bullet legal phrase that will normalize those at the extreme choices in our society is another form of delusion.   ***If I gave you a map of all the places in America that have amended their local HROs to include these protections for LGBT citizens already, you would see there are very few pockets left where the right to discriminate against people who are LGBT is still legal outside of Jacksonville***

Still waiting to hear about the blind lady.   ***Oh, I'll get to your stupid blind lady.. ***

</div>
</blockquote>

You still don't understand my position.  I don't believe that an HRO is necessary ANYWHERE because our rights to due process and fair treatment are endowed by our creator and codified in the constitution.  There is no reason to have to pass a new law any time a new sect or cross section of the population pops up that was previously unknown or unseen.  Its a difference of overall legal philosophy.  

As to the blind lady, i can't tell.  It's taken you long enough.  

Messages In This Thread
Transgender HS student wants to use female locker room - by jj82284 - 10-03-2015, 08:35 AM