Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Letting Doug Marrone go to keep Bradley a year will be a mistake

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 11:29 AM by Pwmccorm1216.)

Quote:I don't think anyone expects Bradley to be able to turn this around other than the people in Everbank. Marrone will be hired by some team this year and we are going to regret it. He took a team quarterbacked by EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton with Fred Jackson at running back to a 9-7 record and just missed the playoffs. 

So, are you calling the people who run the organization and own the team stupid? Are you trying to say that you know more than Shad Khan, and most likely, Dave Caldwell and his front office staffs point of view? 

Gus Bradley, while he is not completely faultless for the teams struggles, is also not completely at fault. This team was completely gutted from head to toe in 2013, stripped of 90 percent of its veterans and left with rookies and stop gaps the first two seasons. This was not just some simple parting ways with the coach and staff and brought a new coach to change the scheme, they tore down the foundation and completely invented a brand new team here in Jacksonville. New Owner, new GM, new Head Coach and staff with a brand new philosophy. Its taking some time to get to the next level, Jags have been hit with some pretty hard circumstances. Wins have not mounted up, but with what they did since 2013, I'm not that surprised we are not a Super Bowl contending team. I saw vast improvement this year, improvement that leads me to believe that one more offseason and a revamped defense will make this team a true contender both in the division and our conference which could lead to playoffs. 

"I dont think anyone expects Bradley to turn this thing around other than the people in Everbank". Shad Khan is no dummy, as you so kindly point out in this statement. If you think Khan did not have thought and input going into his decision to keep Bradley, then you must not know the business world. Not only is this a football decision, but business directly co exists with this, as the team needs to perform for the revenue in the stadium to stay up. Essentially, theres a lot riding on this season for the team to perform well, when they win, fans pack the house, losing, especially in year 4, is not good PR nor is it going to benefit Shad from a business side, as if they are losing, ticket sales and such will be much lower.  Not every fan thinks like you and Big Cat Country, I for one believe the team is very close to being a real contender. If Shad Khan did not believe this would work out, he would of axed him even before the season ended. 

Count me as a fan who is not part of your statement and does believe this team can do great things next season!

Messages In This Thread
Letting Doug Marrone go to keep Bradley a year will be a mistake - by Pwmccorm1216 - 01-02-2016, 11:25 AM