Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity

Quote:Cam should take a few pointers from his coach. Rivera handled his like a grown man with class. If you're going to live it up, dab and be cocky when things are going well, then have the man parts and man up when things aren't as well. Sore loser. Immature. Loved what Michael Irvin and Dion sanders said about it. Let's me know it's ok to feel this way... Unless they have deep underlying issues too...

Not sure why OP is getting flak about this. The delivery wasn't all that cool but I think the point stands. read comments on the articles out there about that press conference. Seems like this board has a much higher Cam tolerance level than everywhere else besides Panther territory. Not sure I get it.

Agree whole heartedly with this.  I should be shocked that anyone on this message board would jump to his defense, but I'm not.

First, not going for that fumble at the end of the game was gutless.  Your team is down 6 and has a chance to go win the Super Bowl.  You look at the ball and actually take a step back.  Your supposed to be the most physical quarterback in the league!  Step up Cam.

I haven't watched the final press conference in its entirety, but from what I've read and talked about he handled it terribly.  You can't put yourself out there as the face of the league, the MVP and then completely shut down like that after a loss.  You just can't....this is professional football and you're getting paid millions of dollars not to.  He looked like a cry baby prima donna.  I thought Cam had a lot of fun this season, but you can't have fun at your opponents expense throughout the year and not become humble when it's your time to accept a loss.

Messages In This Thread
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 02-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by UCF Knight - 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 02-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 08-15-2016, 03:55 AM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 08-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 08-17-2016, 03:48 PM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 08-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 08-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 08-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity - by Guest - 08-20-2016, 06:29 PM