Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning didn't have much modesty or dignity when his Broncos got thrashed by Seattle

Quote:While I agree that there is a double standard when it comes to certain players,, I think it only applies to very few and rare "golden boys" of the league. Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

JJ Watt

I can't really think of any more (personally, I don't believe Brady gets the protected, "double standard treatment").

For the most part, I believe that most players, especially QBs, would get treated very similar.

Rich Eisen said it perfect on his show the other day.

Paraphrasing as close to the statement as I can recall: "If it had been Cutler that didn't go for that fumble or walked out on his press conference, what do you think would be the reaction? We'd all be absolutely killing him for it (meaning media, fans, etc.)."

He's right, just about any other QB doing that would get the same treatment (that's just my belief). Only the very few "golden boys" would be protected and spun into a positive light.
Another good point. The Chicago fans would have wanted him burned at the stake and the rest of the media, NFL fans would have toasted Cutler. That this is turned into anything else is ridiculous.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Messages In This Thread
Peyton Manning didn't have much modesty or dignity when his Broncos got thrashed by Seattle - by TravC59 - 02-11-2016, 05:30 PM