Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning didn't have much modesty or dignity when his Broncos got thrashed by Seattle

He didn't bother to shake Wilson's hand like a true gentleman of the game after playing a terrible Super Bowl game. I was wondering why there is such a double standard when it comes to the behaviors of certain players. No thread about this was ever created. I wonder why...Netwon is called out like he is because he dresses or acts a certain way?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Crap I meant modesty*

If Peyton lost and gave that interview people would be talking about how much they love his competitive fire and howuch they respect the way he loves to win so much.

Tebow is the one of the classiest people there is. Dude even got trashed after a win.

Everyone knows the Mannings are sore losers thats old news

Quote:Crap I meant modesty*

Eh?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote: I was wondering why there is such a double standard when it comes to the behaviors of certain players.

While I agree that there is a double standard when it comes to certain players,, I think it only applies to very few and rare "golden boys" of the league. Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

JJ Watt

I can't really think of any more (personally, I don't believe Brady gets the protected, "double standard treatment").

For the most part, I believe that most players, especially QBs, would get treated very similar.

Rich Eisen said it perfect on his show the other day.

Paraphrasing as close to the statement as I can recall: "If it had been Cutler that didn't go for that fumble or walked out on his press conference, what do you think would be the reaction? We'd all be absolutely killing him for it (meaning media, fans, etc.)."

He's right, just about any other QB doing that would get the same treatment (that's just my belief). Only the very few "golden boys" would be protected and spun into a positive light.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2016, 07:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:While I agree that there is a double standard when it comes to certain players,, I think it only applies to very few and rare "golden boys" of the league. Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

JJ Watt

I can't really think of any more (personally, I don't believe Brady gets the protected, "double standard treatment").

For the most part, I believe that most players, especially QBs, would get treated very similar.

Paraphrasing as close to the statement as I can recall: "If it had been Cutler that didn't go for that fumble or walked out on his press conference, what do you think would be the reaction? We'd all be absolutely killing him for it (meaning media, fans, etc.)."

He's right, just about any other QB doing that would get the same treatment (that's just my belief). Only the very few "golden boys" would be protected and spun into a positive light.
its kinda like when superstars (Lebron, Kobe) etc. in basketball get certain calls other players wouldnt

If Manning acts the fool when he wins them I'll criticize how he loses. Since he didn't, I won't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The problem, IMO, was Cam's attitude all season. He was a miserable showboat and everyone attributed it to his love of the game as he rubbed every single score in every opponent's face.

The one game this year that they get beat up, he doesn't even dive for the ball on the game deciding play and then acts like it wasn't a big deal because he thought he might get hurt.

The guy is a me-first, selfish child. If Manning exhibited the same behavior with such regularity, he'd be destroyed by everyone too.

Please the whole Mike Vanderjagt thing.  I don't like him at all.  Anyone that sacks himself and hangs his receivers out for concussions is the epitome of an real classless jerk.  I'm so tired of all the bottom kissing that goes on with him.  He has two superbowl wins given to him by strong defensive showings.  He wilts in the playoffs constantly and was a big time jerk.

Oh yeah and he probably got illegal treatments to help him make his mega money comeback.  And to top it all off, he continually drubbed us in the regular season.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:He didn't bother to shake Wilson's hand like a true gentleman of the game after playing a terrible Super Bowl game. I was wondering why there is such a double standard when it comes to the behaviors of certain players. No thread about this was ever created. I wonder why...Netwon is called out like he is because he dresses or acts a certain way?

My guess is it has everything to do with the way he acts, and nothing to do with what he wears.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:The problem, IMO, was Cam's attitude all season. He was a miserable showboat and everyone attributed it to his love of the game as he rubbed every single score in every opponent's face.

The one game this year that they get beat up, he doesn't even dive for the ball on the game deciding play and then acts like it wasn't a big deal because he thought he might get hurt.

The guy is a me-first, selfish child. If Manning exhibited the same behavior with such regularity, he'd be destroyed by everyone too.

Yeah, this is probably the biggest reason there are so many people who don't like Cam and seem happy that he got his comeuppance with that Super Bowl loss.

And it's not just Manning who would get destroyed by everyone if he regularly exhibited the same behavior as Cam, it's every QB out there, black, white or other.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Yeah, this is probably the biggest reason there are so many people who don't like Cam and seem happy that he got his comeuppance with that Super Bowl loss.

And it's not just Manning who would get destroyed by everyone if he regularly exhibited the same behavior as Cam, it's every QB out there, black, white or other.

The best part is still that Cammie showed us, in the heat of the moment, that he's all bluster and really a chicken [BLEEP] at heart.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I still dislike Peyton Manning more than Cam Newton.

Quote:I still dislike Peyton Manning more than Cam Newton.

I agree.  It is seared into my mind that they were trouncing us and he absolutely laid out his receiver with two ridiculous passes.

The Khan Years

I have a lot less of a problem with the post game press conference then I do him quitting on that fumble late in the game. I can't recall what was or was not said after the loss to Seattle.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Tebow is the one of the classiest people there is. Dude even got trashed after a win.
Good point. Tebow never had a shot in the eyes of most fans when it comes to that.

;

Quote:While I agree that there is a double standard when it comes to certain players,, I think it only applies to very few and rare "golden boys" of the league. Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

JJ Watt

Another good point. The Chicago fans would have wanted him burned at the stake and the rest of the media, NFL fans would have toasted Cutler. That this is turned into anything else is ridiculous.

;

Quote:I have a lot less of a problem with the post game press conference then I do him quitting on that fumble late in the game. I can't recall what was or was not said after the loss to Seattle.

What about Peyton sacking himself and never chasing down interceptions?  What about Peyton staying away from the ball when fumbling?  The guy was really good at protecting himself no matter the situation.

The Khan Years