Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fulham Update For Those Interested

Hi all ! just thought id let you know whats going on across the atlantic concerning fulham !

As i seen in a previous post you may well know that Martin Jol ( Manager ) has been sacked. However , it isn't quite as simple as it may seem . Martin Jol hired a Head Coach to support him during this tough period who is called <b>René Meulensteen . Rene was Alex Ferguson's right hand man at Manchester United for i believe ten years ! so as you would expect we was very excited by this appointment which happened around two weeks ago . Now , Martin has been sacked and Rene is now in charge . Many seem to think that Rene was hired by Shad originally to take over from Martin Jol which Rene has denied . Although considering a day after Rene was appointed he hired Manchester United's Youth Team coach to the fulham ranks . Suspicious ? </b>

<b>Anyway , Rene is still classed as Head coach , this is a very different role compared to a Manager in soccer. A manager is more the players person , the motivator , the tactic decider etc , while the head coach is responsible for training drills etc . So technically we haven't now got a manager , only a head coach ? but it seems Rene is going to do both . Quite Confusing if you don't understand the roles. </b><b>So now as it stands Rene is in charge of are beloved football club . Seeing as he has only had a short stint as a ' manager ' lasting around 3 weeks in another league we are all very nervous. </b>

<b>But we are currently lying 19th in the league which is in the relegation zone . The relegation zone is the last three teams in the table and if they are still there at the end of the season they get demoted to the lower league called The Championship . This is something WE DO NOT WANT !! . To put a finer point on it , i believe shad could around 70 million pounds if fulham get relegated due to the sponsorship , tv rights etc . We have currently lost 6 games in a row and have been very very poor. Martin Jol wouldn't drop the players who needed to be dropped i.e Berbatov , who quite honestly has been absolutely terrible , and his agent has also come out and said he wants to leave the club ! . </b>

<b>All in all this is a very difficult time for the club and i can assure you shad will be shaking in his boots. Rene has stated already that the club needs to invest in new players in the January Transfer window . Shouldn't be much to ask for 20-30 mill to spend to try and stay up rather than losing 70 mill if we go down in my opinion . </b>

<b>​But we have a game tonight if you can manage to watch , i know a lot of american fulham fans say they can watch nearly all the games on NBC i believe it is , if not i shall post some streams if you are interested.</b>

<b>​Any questions/querys I'm free to answer Smile</b>

<b>Thanks </b>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by sammyffc - 12-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by sammyffc - 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by NYC4jags - 12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by sammyffc - 12-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by sammyffc - 12-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by NYC4jags - 12-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by sammyffc - 12-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by PF* - 12-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by Adam2012 - 12-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by carlo - 12-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Fulham Update For Those Interested - by gclarke - 12-05-2013, 04:18 PM