Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror

Quote:To answer your first question, I do think that the "final nail in the coffin" so-to-speak was the attack on 9/11.  Events that happened after that are directly a result of us finally saying "enough is enough" regarding terrorist attacks.  As far as the causes leading up to us declaring the War on Terror, what immediately comes to my mind is the hostage crisis in Iran.  However, there were events leading up to that which are really the root cause.  It basically boils down to predominately Muslim countries choosing a government that follows religious (in this case Sharia) law.  As the world became more "Westernized" there were some that were so much against what "Westernized" was really all about.

To answer your second question, that's pretty difficult.  At what point should we impose and enforce our version of Freedom on other countries?  As an example, because a certain country and their people think that women should have to dress a certain way (hijabs) or outlaws gay activity with the consequence of death.  Does that mean that we need to invade them and "fix" their country?  I would say no.  However, if a country harbors people (including their own government) that want to kill us or our allies because we don't follow their beliefs, then I have a problem with that.

1.  Why?

2.  I can agree with this, but what's the point?  He did it as he was committing the crime.

3.  Only one was a migrant, the other was a citizen.

4.  So is there any reason that they shouldn't have been allowed asylum prior to the bombing?  After all, both migrated here at a young age.

I agree with you regarding 9/11.  I think it would be safe to say that 2001 was the beginning of the war on Terror.  Here's something I always found stupid, and didn't understand how anyone could buy into it--- Right after 9/11 everyone was asking, "why"  why did they do this.  And the Bush/Cheney administration decided to say it was because "they hated our freedom".  What a load of Mike Mularkey.  I don't understand why anyone would think this was a legit.  The USA was a superpower and the beacon for western civilization since for the longest time.  The middle east didn't just wake up and realize that we wear jeans and our women vote and shave thier legs.  It was the stupidest reason and is part of the problem we still have today.

Many still do no understand why middle easterners, specifically from certain countries are wanting to attack us.  And it's not because of our western society.  They are attacking us because of our imperialism, that's my take on it.

One thing to back up my point...  Iran is a theocratic country.  But, besides postering, they are not involved in any of these terrorist acts.  Yes, one can say they fund certain groups, but they are not directly involved.  It's not about religion, it's about something else.  These specific middle easterners feel wrong by the USA's involvment in thier lands and are lashing out.  I don't believe this has anything to do with religion.  It's much simpler than that.  Now, don't get me wrong, ISIS is clearly using religion to recruit individuals, to make the fight bigger than just thier own self interests.  

Remember Ireland?  The protestant v. catholic war was more about britain's oppression of Ireland's freedoms.  People said that that war would never end because of it's religous foundation.  But once both parties could agree in principles to recognize Ireland's freedom, did not the "religous" war end?  I think it's important to realize the similarities there.

Now we totally jacked up the middle east because of Bush/Cheney., thier excuse that they hate our freedom should have been a warning sign that they had no idea what the hell they were doing.  But here we are, a vacuum in Afganastan and Iraq has lead to a whole bunch of radicals that are using religion to recruit people to fight a war that in effect is a grab for power and a fight against the imperalistic western countries that screwed up the region.  It's more a political fight than it is a religious one.  In my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror - by The_Anchorman - 06-15-2016, 07:33 AM