Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror

Suspected Islamic extremist shoots dead at least 20 dead at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 42 - before he is killed in shootout

Suspected Islamic extremist opened fire inside Pulse gay club in Orlando in the early hours of this morning

He shot more than 40 people - killing about 20 - and took party-goers hostage before being killed by police

Shooter, believed to be in his 20s, was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he attacked

Police used an explosive device to distract the gunman and rescue around 30 people who had been taken hostage

Police engaged in gunfire with the man and an officer was shot in the head, but he was saved by his helmet

FBI says gunman may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism' and it is being investigated as 'an act of terrorism'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4BMsXRxuK

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I predict a move to the Politics Forum in short order.

This is terrible and I hope the [BAD WORD REMOVED] suffered before he died.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

One guy tweeted that he was rounding them up and putting bombs on the them. Two Orlando hospitals were locked down and there were at least 40 casualties.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Rough stuff.

Humanity has lost its way. This will soon be a way of life in our country and tommorow will no longer be the virtual guarantee it is today.

Bad parenting is the root of the problem and I believe a license to breed is in the not so distant future.

Little consolation to the victims and their families, but at least he's dead.

This is why we can never ease up on the fight against terrorism, anywhere and everywhere.

[Image: Half-Staff-665x385.jpg]

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2016, 09:49 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Little consolation to the victims and their families, but at least he's dead.

This is why we can never ease up on the fight against terrorism, anywhere and everywhere.

[Image: Half-Staff-665x385.jpg]
Unfortunately, you can't fight or stop lone wolf attacks like this. This is the future of terrorism in our country. Just gotta hope you aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As more details emerge from this horrific incident, it is looking more and more like a radical Islamic terrorist.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...nightclub/

If these numbers are confirmed, it is the highest body count from a terror attack on American soil since 9/11/01

Haven't really kept up with BHO lately. Has he managed to utter those 3 words yet between golf rounds and Clinton fundraisers?

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2016, 10:15 AM by rollerjag.)

CNN is now reporting the gunman was from Afghanistan. It's unclear if he was self-radicalized or if he was trained abroad.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I wonder how this will get spun?  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I wonder how this will get spun?

What do you mean? Probably wherevecr the facts take it.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2016, 10:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

I'm staying away from crowded places unless I have to be there.   My future vacation trips will be more towards national parks and stuff like that rather than big cities, and especially not European big cities.   I'm even avoiding places like Orange Park Mall.  

Although, even if you're in a big city, what are the odds of encountering a terrorist?   Probably miniscule.

Quote:Unfortunately, you can't fight or stop lone wolf attacks like this. This is the future of terrorism in our country. Just gotta hope you aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time.
No debate, the lone wolf is almost impossible to identify and prevent. 

I was in Orlando last weekend with my wife and kids.  Not at a gay bar obviously, but if it had happened on International Drive near the convention center............

Work with someone who's kid is a bartender two blocks away, thank God he's ok but really hits home.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

50?!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Yes, the Orlando mayor said it's 50 dead, 53 injured. One patron said at first he thought the gun shots were part of the music, so the gunman probably shot a lot before they realized what was happening.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:No debate, the lone wolf is almost impossible to identify and prevent.

I was in Orlando last weekend with my wife and kids. Not at a gay bar obviously, but if it had happened on International Drive near the convention center............

Every time I go into Disney, it's hard not to fear that someday, some psychopath will do the unthinkable.

Quote:I'm staying away from crowded places unless I have to be there.   My future vacation trips will be more towards national parks

Although, even if you're in a big city, what are the odds of encountering a terrorist?   Probably miniscule.

Better to be eaten by a grizzly than shot by a terrorist?