Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror

Quote:I tend to agree. It's not that "they hate our freedom." That's bovine excrement. I think that a large part of Arab resentment of the United States is because of

1) our hypocrisy and greed. We say we support democracy and human rights, but at the same time we prop up the Saudi royal family and other non-democratic kingdoms in the region, because we want their oil.

2) our support for Israel, which many Arabs see as a European colony which was placed in their midst by outside powers.

A lot of Arabs just want the United States and its allies to go away and stop trying to run the Middle East. What ISIS wants is the opposite: they want to draw us into a war, with the West on one side and all Muslims on the other side. I suspect that we will see more terrorist incidents over the coming months, in an attempt to influence the election and get Trump elected President. I suspect that ISIS would love for Trump to ban Muslims from entering the United States, because that will enable them to "prove" that the United States is in the Middle East because we hate Muslims.

That's what a lot of people don't understand. ISIS and Al Qaeda don't want us out of the Middle East, they want to draw us into the Middle East. They believe that the more we are in the Middle East, the easier it will be for them to recruit followers.

Edit: also, I would add, we (The West) sends sexually related images and videos into their homes via the Internet. These people are pretty straight-laced, and here we are producing and exporting [BAD WORD REMOVED] free on demand to everyone in the world, corrupting their society with it.

These are all very good points as well.

Something I was thinking about after reading your post...

The excuse that they hate out freedom, and now trumps push that Islam is the problem allows us to be innocent in the while thing.

Hey, it's Islam, it's nothing we did that caused these people to want to attack us. This allows us to not consider that perhaps we should reconsider out military and imperialistic approach to the middle east.

It also allows us to view ourselves as pure and the others as evil.

Messages In This Thread
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror - by The_Anchorman - 06-15-2016, 08:58 AM