Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror

Quote:jj, [BAD WORD REMOVED] are you talking about? Our activities with the mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Russians was a pretty standard proxy war. That's geopolitics. We gave Iraq back to Iraq? [BAD WORD REMOVED]? We went into Iraq under bogus claims of WMD's and imminent risk of nuclear and CBW annihilation. I don't have much beef with GW1, as that was more of an internationally accepted action against an aggressor state. And I don't have much beef against our actions with the mujahideeneither; I will note that proxy wars seem imperialistic to me, but doing what we did there vs the Russians seemed like a shrewd move, even though I do consider it, and most other proxy war actions Imperialistic. Maybe you have a different meaning for Imperialism. And none of this addresses our history with Saddam, or Pahlavi, or any of the other folks in the region. Look, I am not sitting here saying the U.S. is any different from other major powers in its views toward international actions. And this is nothing new. But to claim that the the U.S. hadn't acted in Imperialistic ways again makes me wonder about our different view of the word itself.

As far as that next part, I don't even know what the hell you are going on about. Does sex slavery and defenestration of gays seem bad to me? Well, yeah. You then go off on Saudi Arabia, the country you list earlier as an example of our non-Imperialsim as we are giving them billions to defend themselves. What are you going on about?

Ahh, guess w . t. f. gets scrubbed. Just testing, wonder if wth does as well

Those actions were not motivated by our desire to colonize subjugate and or exploit the resources of the countries that we assisted. So they would not fit the basic definition of imperialism.

In the case of the behaviors exhibited by various terrorist groups and specifically Iris I was simply demonstrating that these individuals display distinct characteristics in line with extreme Muslim Orthodoxy has put forth and codified by law in certain Islamic countries. That defeats the notion that their motivations have nothing to do with religion

Messages In This Thread
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror - by jj82284 - 06-15-2016, 09:55 AM