Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror

Once you've read the Quran, I'm not sure how a reasonable person could come to any other conclusion other than that Islamic terror is never going away no matter how much some want us to acquiesce and play nice or stop pursuing American interests abroad. You could argue that many of the verses are not to be taken literally but that would still leave quite a few where you just can't do that. You have to wonder how a rational person could pick up that book and be convinced of its truth and fall in line (which could be said about any religious text, but no other religious text advocates violence like the Quran does as far as I know). No completely rational person would. However, rational people do irrational things all the time because behaviors and beliefs become their nature through culture, upbringing and other stimuli.

Are we obligated to allow a person to migrate to this country from anywhere? Should we apply a greater level of discrimination on who is allowed to come here? Does a Muslim person tend to assimilate better, worse or about the same as a non-Muslim person when joining American or any other western society?

I don't hate Muslims. I've casually known a few here in Jacksonville and in my judgement I've never personally encountered a bad apple that I'm aware of. Shad Kahn is a Muslim that I respect and admire. I just don't think it's worth the risk to invite many more to come here knowing that of all the religious and cultural groups they are the least likely to assimilate into American society even generations later. Sometimes common sense has to override ideology. I'm all for fairness and not penalizing thought or speech, but if you identified a certain trait that meant someone had a significantly higher chance of mass violence than someone without that trait would you do nothing with that knowledge as far as allowing that person to become a citizen of your country? I'm not saying the answer is an easy one, but it should be at least up for debate.

Messages In This Thread
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror - by Jaguarmeister - 06-15-2016, 10:55 AM