Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teddy Bridgewater - making the coaches work around his weaknesses

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 02:44 PM by realtorpat.)

Quote:Thanks for responding.

I didn't include the playoff game because someone mentioned Tebow won a playoff game and it was not central to my position. I was trying to clear that up.

To your second point, this was the point I was making subtly. They wanted teddy over carr and have focused mostly on defense in this regime. If teddy doesn't have quality to throw to and he is not a top ten pick, I'm not sure what numbers were expected of him. Also, he has a defensive minded head coach. Most times these coaches prefer ball control offenses to keep their defense fresh and limit turnovers. Patterson is s holdover from the previous regime and does not fit the bill for what turner likes in a premier wr in his offense.

It has nothing to do with taking blame away from Teddy. It's not hard to see his coaches have instructed a more conservative approach. With Carr and Landry, no I don't see a difference. With ARob as one of teddy's targets, yes. I haven't seen enough of Jimmy to give an honest assessment. Fiedler and Alex Smith, two other qbs under turner who weren't known for having cannons for arms. Seems turner prefers something else over arm strength.

Those stats you posted were against the #2 ranked defense. If they got me within a prayer, yeah I would take it. By extension it was 10-9 defensive contest and Russell Wilson went 13/26 142 and he played the lesser ranked defense...
Ugh do I hate when people make the Tebow did it argument haha so I can understand why you said that part.  With that said the Tebow win was an absolute fluke.  Ryan Clark has sickle cell anemia and can't play football in high altitudes, he was the starting FS at the time and the backup left the middle of the field open all day and also gifted the winning td to Thomas.  The ball wasn't even thrown well was behind Thomas and late making him have to break a tackle to get the TD.  I'm team AntiTebow

I really like what Minnesota has done on the defensive side of the ball.  Ever since they've had AP I feel like they have made nothing but dumb decisions on that side of the ball with the exception of their LT and TE.  I prefer a more aggressive approach to offense, if you are unable to open it up you have issues when you need to.

I currently would take Carr, Arob, and Landry on my team over Teddy.  There are plenty of backups around the league that can do what Teddy has done so far.  I'd rather have elite skill players.  Personal preference here as well, I want a strong armed QB if the guy can't make every throw I can't attack any part of the field and thats a problem.

Wilson played a mostly bad game but he did manage a TD and also an INT so that somewhat balances itself out to Teddys 0tds n 0 ints.  Wilson also added 21 yards rushing.  Teddys passing was closer to his season average of 201 than Wilson was to his season average of 253.  Basically saying Wilsons bad game was more of a fluke than Teddys.

I just don't see it with Teddy I don't think he will ever be the Man.  Alex Smith has done little in his career but he had that game against New Orleans that he looked like the man in.  Geno Smith had that game vs GB they ended up losing for some nonsense timeout where he looked like the man.  I've yet to see that kind of game from Teddy.  He has had some good games don't get me wrong but nothing stood out in them.  There was never a dart in between coverage 30 yards down the field or buying time to bomb it down the field its always contained within the structure of the offense.  Only the structure of the offense is being held back because of his inability to do certain things.  I would really like him to be a star because there needs to be more quality QBs in this league I just don't think its going to happen.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Messages In This Thread
Teddy Bridgewater - making the coaches work around his weaknesses - by realtorpat - 08-25-2016, 02:43 PM