Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Expectation? Will Joeckel be better? And if Blackmon returns?

First and foremost Blake Bortles, the cornerstone of the Jaguars. What should we expect out of Bortles our starting QB entering into his second year? Should we compare him to other 2nd year QB's? Like Wilson,Luck,or Kaep? Should we continue to give him excuses if he don't succeed? Should we be patient? Or is it time for him to man up and take that next step? In my opinion I would like to see him take a step similar to Andrew Luck.I firmly believe his passing numbers, need to be somewhere in the 20 Td 10 int range and that's at the very least. I have faith in Bortles potential but not a lot of patience in it.

Secondly Will Joeckel be better next year? To me it was more like a rookie year for him,after being injured most of his first year. Joeckel got abused early on a lot at the beginning of the season, especially against JJ Watts. But as the season progress, it looks like he started making less mistakes and developing a little better. I'm still optimistic about Joeckel entering into this season.I hope the jags can add someone else at this position that would put pressure on him to be better.

Lastly Justin Blackmon, where is he?? Last I heard he was doing well in rehab, not sure if that still is the case, but if Blackmon returns, can we legitimately say that the jags have the potential now to be a playoff threat? I know that's a huge statement, but I'm looking at this strictly from a offense point a view.So lets say we had scored roughly 24-28 points in 5 of our games last year our record would have been 8-8. And I firmly believe JB can be that impact player along with JT to help the jags get to that 24 pts a game number.It would be icing to have JB back!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Bortles Expectation? Will Joeckel be better? And if Blackmon returns? - by Yo Boy - 03-23-2015, 07:56 AM