Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Video of Ray Rice hitting then fiance now wife Janay Parker released.

Quote:This is my beef with the whole situation, I in no way condone hitting a woman. I was raised not to, I don't and I will raise my kids not to. With that said, if you have been in a adult relationship you begin to realize some people just have toxic relationships that work for them. As outsiders we may look down on it and possibly not agree with it but if those two individuals have crafted a relationship out of that toxicity and believe they are truly meant to be together than so be. 

This was a domestic dispute and should be handled as such. I am bothered by this because he was given a punishment and has been through the ringer. This was beginning to become a non-topic and the world was beginning to move forward, then this video of something we already knew happened surfaced and he gets a worse punishment. [BAD WORD REMOVED]?!? That's like getting a DUI for crashing into another car, then someone shows the police a video of you crashing from a different angle and now you receive an even worse punishment for the SAME thing lol.

This is nothing new, we already knew he hit her and was reprimanded for it. My other beef is now you have punished both of them. This lady has still gone on to MARRY Rice. Really? If she can forgive him I think we all should move on. The media has taken this story to another level and now her husband no longer has a job and can not support his family. This thing has been over played and I feel he became the new bad guy that the media had their sights on once this story was released months ago. 

It's sad to see women get abused. It is also sad to bring this blemish back up for this family after it seems they have moved past it and expose it to the world to see. It is even more sad to see the family now have to pay the consequence because outside forces can not seem to let it go and force a PR storm onto the NFL. 

I am really ticked the [BAD WORD REMOVED] about this comment and the sentiment behind it.

All of a sudden we should have sympathy for Ray Rice, because there was video released of him striking his wife, after he has "already" been "punished". If you think I or a segment of people should come to his side in defense, then you stand a better chance of catching fish with your bare hands than for me to feel sympathy for him.

This is the bottom line.

He violently hit his wife knocking her unconscious, then the piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED] drags half her body out of the elevator, leaving her there to possibly suffer convulsions, or seizures. My honest opinion on this is he should be permanently banned from the league as a player. He deserves a second chance, but only have a position with the NFL in a non-athlete position after he has self-humiliated himself to where he has EARNED his forgiveness.

The media has not sensationalized nothing about this story not one bit, because you know what it gives HOPE to the millions of battered women who dont have a voice a chance to be seen, heard, or receive help. Morons like Jason Whitlock who want to sweep this under the rug and go away only perpetuate the problem with discussing Domestic Violence. 

Janay Palmer is suffering from some serious depression, or other mental abuse that is obvious to people who either have been victims themselves or seen other people suffer from domestic violence. As I said earlier in this thread, most men who commit domestic violence have strong manipulation behaviors that severely effects a woman's psychological state. Why do you honestly think she married him, plus released her statement yesterday?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Video of Ray Rice hitting then fiance now wife Janay Parker released. - by Jamies_fried_chicken - 09-10-2014, 03:09 PM