Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The All Encompassing Thanksgiving Thread

I realize this is a little early, but hopefully everyone will be too busy tomorrow to post in here. In this thread we can wish others a happy thanksgiving, share embarrassing thanksgiving stories, and vent about that one family member we all have.

First off, I'd like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. May you and your loved ones have safe travels. May your tables be full of great food, chairs be full with loved ones and friends(and uncle Ed), your minds filled with the thoughts and prayers for those less fortunate, and hearts filled will love and thanks.

I can't recall any embarrassing family stories. I'm sure there will be some to come. Maybe this year? Would love to hear yours though. I'll skip to weird/annoying family member.

Hmm, what family member to pick. Well, my side of the family is out because they are all normal. So, I guess I will have to choose amongst the many options on the wife's side. I think I will go with her oldest sister. I don't care what the topic of conversation is but she always has an opinion. 99.99% of the time I find that opinion to be one I don't agree with AT ALL! Sometimes she even gives "advice". This advice can be something from serious life issues or the most remedial thing you can think of. I also find her advice to be wrong as well. I will agree with one piece of "advice" she gave to me, yet question why on earth she felt she had to say it. For instance, about a month ago I was smoking a few boston butts for a get together. She advised me to never use pine in my smoker. Really? Thanks for that great bit of wisdom Einstein! What on earth made you think I would even think about that? Should I be offended she thinks I'm that dumb? Answer to that, yeah, I was offended. To make matters worse, she sometimes brings a dish to dinner. What's wrong with that? Well, she DOESNT let anyone eat it!!! She will have some and take it back ( that's cool you brought it, take it home with you) but, she ALSO BRINGS HER OWN CONTAINERS to take back as much of the other food to her house as possible. REALLY? It's thanksgiving, she'll do it again and I will be in the giving spirit so let her take it home.

Can't wait for tomorrow!! Smile

P.S. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
The All Encompassing Thanksgiving Thread - by xJAGGYx - 11-27-2013, 12:20 PM