Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnny Manziel is not an NFL QB. He is Tim Tebow/Vince Young 2.0.

Here's what I see when I watch Johnny Manziel. I will not be comparing him to other QBs in the draft or addressing his off the field issues. I am just going to give you guys my football evaluation of Manziel.

I see a frail little kid that makes one read in a clean pocket and looks to run far too often.

I see a weak arm that constantly gets bailed out by his up and coming 6'5 WR Mike Evans. Mike Evans has carried Manziel, especially during the Bama game. Had Evans not been there, the game would've been a total blowout. 

And with that weak arm, I see many throws that make me question "if that were an NFL DB/LB, I wonder if that would've been picked.."

I see a great scrambler with exceptional ability to extend the play and make some "wow" plays from time to time. And while the ability to scramble is nice, the NFL has proven why they are the best of the best by essentially elimaniting the read-option just like they did the wild cat. The game has been and will always be won from the pocket. 

I do not see Manziel's game transitioning to the next level, and I would not spend a draft pick on him at all if he insists on playing QB.

With that being said, all the arguments for Manziel are total deja vu for when Tebow was coming out. He's a playmaker, winner, heisman, competitior etc etc. That's why I compare Manziel to Tebow/Vince Young. He's a fantastic college player whose game will not transition to the NFL. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Johnny Manziel is not an NFL QB. He is Tim Tebow/Vince Young 2.0. - by Fantasy Guru - 11-11-2013, 02:12 AM