Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnny Manziel is not an NFL QB. He is Tim Tebow/Vince Young 2.0.

Here's what I see when I watch Johnny Manziel. I will not be comparing him to other QBs in the draft or addressing his off the field issues. I am just going to give you guys my football evaluation of Manziel.

I see a frail little kid that makes one read in a clean pocket and looks to run far too often.

I see a weak arm that constantly gets bailed out by his up and coming 6'5 WR Mike Evans. Mike Evans has carried Manziel, especially during the Bama game. Had Evans not been there, the game would've been a total blowout. 

And with that weak arm, I see many throws that make me question "if that were an NFL DB/LB, I wonder if that would've been picked.."

I see a great scrambler with exceptional ability to extend the play and make some "wow" plays from time to time. And while the ability to scramble is nice, the NFL has proven why they are the best of the best by essentially elimaniting the read-option just like they did the wild cat. The game has been and will always be won from the pocket. 

I do not see Manziel's game transitioning to the next level, and I would not spend a draft pick on him at all if he insists on playing QB.

With that being said, all the arguments for Manziel are total deja vu for when Tebow was coming out. He's a playmaker, winner, heisman, competitior etc etc. That's why I compare Manziel to Tebow/Vince Young. He's a fantastic college player whose game will not transition to the NFL. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You say you see a frail little kid in Manziel. That's when I pretty much disregarded your opinion. No offense. Say what you want about Manziel, but he is the most physical QB in the draft class.

Clean pocket? I understand a lot of the time he does have wonderful blocking, which he usually takes advantage of, but what is Johnny Manziel known for? Besides an expensive autograph, he is know for his scrambling ability and getting away from defenders, which is hard to do with a clean pocket.

Manziel's arm is far from weak. Its definitely not the strongest, but its not weak. Not to mention his accuracy makes up for it.

He's a beast. The only question mark is if his style of play can translate to the NFL.

Quote:You say you see a frail little kid in Manziel. That's when I pretty much disregarded your opinion. No offense. Say what you want about Manziel, but he is the most physical QB in the draft class.

Clean pocket? I understand a lot of the time he does have wonderful blocking, which he usually takes advantage of, but what is Johnny Manziel known for? Besides an expensive autograph, he is know for his scrambling ability and getting away from defenders, which is hard to do with a clean pocket.

Manziel's arm is far from weak. Its definitely not the strongest, but its not weak. Not to mention his accuracy makes up for it.

He's a beast. The only question mark is if his style of play can translate to the NFL.

Huh?

Quote:Huh?
Who's more physical?

Quote:Who's more physical?

You mean that physicality that has already got him hurt in a game that ended in a loss, and that physicality that will get the little guy killed at the next level? 

Manziel is a shorter version of Tim Tebow that likes to party instead of talking about his religion.

I don't think he'll transition well into the NFL either.  I'd consider him in the 4th round, but not before that.  And he's going to likely be picked in the first.  I don't think he's worth a 1st or 2nd at all.  And I wouldn't rely on him to be the franchise guy -- because while he has skills, he has all the wrong skills.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You say you see a frail little kid in Manziel. That's when I pretty much disregarded your opinion. No offense. Say what you want about Manziel, but he is the most physical QB in the draft class.

Manziel is like 6'0, 200lbs and poorly built. RGIII is built in a similar frail manner and we both see how far that has got him....

Johnny Manziel creates pressure to avoid with his one read, look to run style of play. 

I've seen him make some nice throws, but I've also seen some really bad ones. I don't expect perfection but I don't think there is anything about his arm that is considered "first round, franchise QB"

A lot of QBs are successful at the collegiate level and don't succeed in the NFL. Manziel looks like another one.

Quote:Manziel is a shorter version of Tim Tebow that likes to party instead of talking about his religion.

I don't think he'll transition well into the NFL either.  I'd consider him in the 4th round, but not before that.  And he's going to likely be picked in the first.  I don't think he's worth a 1st or 2nd at all.  And I wouldn't rely on him to be the franchise guy -- because while he has skills, he has all the wrong skills.

If he can catch I think he could make the transition to WR and be a Julian Edleman type player.

Quote:You mean that physicality that has already got him hurt in a game that ended in a loss, and that physicality that will get the little guy killed at the next level? 
He got hurt after throwing an incomplete pass. No one touched him. Nice try though.

Its football, injuries happen and its a risk everyone takes. Matt Stafford was hurt 2 years in a row, is he frail as well?

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:01 AM by Fantasy Guru.)

Quote:He got hurt after throwing an incomplete pass. No one touched him. Nice try though.

Its football, injuries happen and its a risk everyone takes. Matt Stafford was hurt 2 years in a row, is he frail as well?

[Image: jmhurt.gif]

That's the strangest incomplete pass I've ever seen....

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:05 AM by Joe.)

Quote:[Image: jmhurt.gif]

That's the strangest incomplete pass I've ever seen....
My bad, I got it mixed up with his knee injury against Ole Miss, for which I think he returned shortly after anyway. I stand corrected.

Regardless, Manziel is a little too physical obviously, and will have to learn to slide when he gets to the pros, but he is still the most physical in the draft class.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:05 AM by Fantasy Guru.)

Quote:My bad, I got it mixed up with his knee injury against Ole Miss, for which I think he returned shortly after anyway. I stand corrected.

Do you know what I mean when I say frail? Im referring to his build. He's built very poorly. Frail =/= injury prone and Manziel has nothing to do with Stafford. What you call physicality, I call stupid. I don't want to see my franchise QB trying to run over defenders or taking unnecessary hits.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:07 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:Who's more physical?

I mean, there are a ton who are capable of taking more hits than him and do so every Saturday. Johnny's entire game is centered around avoiding contact. He's 5'10 and is 200 pounds soaking wet... why the hell would you want him to be physical at the next level?

Quote:I mean, there are a ton who are capable of taking more hits than him and do so every Saturday. Johnny's entire game is centered around avoiding contact. He's 5'10 and is 200 pounds soaking wet... why the hell would you want him to be physical at the next level?
Johnny's entire game is around avoiding contact, but he isn't a " frail child" as the OP claims. No one said they want him to take any hits, just talking about physicality in general.

Manziel is 6'1 210

Bridgewater is 6'3 196. Talk about frail.

Quote:Manziel is like 6'0, 200lbs and poorly built. RGIII is built in a similar frail manner and we both see how far that has got him....

Johnny Manziel creates pressure to avoid with his one read, look to run style of play. 

I've seen him make some nice throws, but I've also seen some really bad ones. I don't expect perfection but I don't think there is anything about his arm that is considered "first round, franchise QB"

A lot of QBs are successful at the collegiate level and don't succeed in the NFL. Manziel looks like another one.
Teddy Bridgewater is about as frail and lanky as you get, at 6'3 196.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:23 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:Johnny's entire game is around avoiding contact, but he isn't a " frail child" as the OP claims. No one said they want him to take any hits, just talking about physicality in general.

Manziel is 6'1 210

1. Bridgewater's weight measurement is the one Louisville took from his freshman season and has continued to provide in its programs. Those are rarely updated and I believe he said he was 220-ish this summer.

2. You're absolutely delusional if you think Johnny Manziel is six-foot-friggin'-one and the "most physical quarterback in the country". The dude never seeks contact or is supposed to take any... how can he be the most physical?

[Image: johnny-manziel-football-compliane-2013-570x379.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:24 AM by Fantasy Guru.)

Quote:Johnny's entire game is around avoiding contact, but he isn't a " frail child" as the OP claims. No one said they want him to take any hits, just talking about physicality in general.

Manziel is 6'1 210

I don't care about his height/weight. You obviously have no idea how body compositions work and you're just trying to find anything to justify your opinion.

200lbs on one person can look totally different than 200lbs on another. I don't care how much he weighs, he doesn't pass the eye test. He's a small guy that's poorly built, and I believe he will get killed at the next level. I said the same thing about RGIII. RGIII is 220lbs. How much they weigh has nothing to do with how they are built. 

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:28 AM by Fantasy Guru.)

Quote:Teddy Bridgewater is about as frail and lanky as you get, at 6'3 196.

Teddy Bridgewater is a pocket passer. Johnny Manziel is not.

One quick google search shows that Bridgewater weighed in this season at 218lbs. You're making yourself look really really bad here.

Manziel is 6'1 210

He's no longer 196 pounds.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 05:03 AM by Joe.)

EDIT