Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So What Positions Will You Scout this fall?

(06-27-2017, 08:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 07:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: ...
  • I think they may want to add competition at RT even if it's a guy that they don't plan to start right away should Parnell be perform well in 2017.  (perhaps a 3rd or 4th round tackle that falls a bit and could develop to challenge Parnell in time is a good move - depends on the tackle class)
  • If no clear answer emerges on both sides of the center - I think they go after a stud guard to man one of those spots.
  • If Linder stays at guard - they will likely want to find a stud center.
That makes sense.

How do you think Robinson fits into the analysis?  Do you see him as the long term answer at LT or RT?

I think given Parnell's age (and Albert's too), T should be a focus, whether Robinson ends up at LT, RT, or G.

I think at this point I have to take Marrone and Caldwell at their word when they talk about Cam being the LT for the Jags for a long time.  I know some of that talk was probably meant for Albert's agent's ears, but I think it's probably (and ideally) where he eventually ends up nonetheless. 
Agreed on Tackle being a focus. It's listed first for me intentionally. Even if the guys on the roster look good this season - if value is there in the draft - then having the "next guy up" already on the roster would be wise given the age of Albert and Parnell and the yet unproven (but promising) Robinson topping the depth chart. 
Bad run blocking in the interior during '17 could shift that focus a bit however. Hopefully we don't have to cross that bridge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So What Positions Will You Scout this fall? - by NYC4jags - 06-27-2017, 08:21 AM