Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So What Positions Will You Scout this fall?

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2017, 04:20 PM by Bullseye.)

(06-27-2017, 01:30 PM)Deacon Wrote: In no particular order:

Nose Tackle - It's not that I don't believe in Abry Jones, but a true stud Nose Tackle makes life a whole lot easier on everyone with regards to Defense and Jones is no stud. He is serviceable and I think he belongs on an NFL field, but I'm looking for a Vince Wilfork type here. The Nose tackle doesn't really need to be a true Zero technique type, but a large body Defensive Tackle is always a nice thing to have. 

Prospects: Lowell Lotulelei, Utah - - - Derrick Nnadi, Florida State
So you might be okay with another Stroud or Henderson then?  Would you consider that position with our first round pick next year, or do you think other positions should be given higher priority in that round?

(06-27-2017, 11:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 06:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  I guess QBs will be/should be a focus until we definitively have one.

2.  Yeah, they do suck, and the sad thing is they had the deepest and most talented TE class in recent history to re-stock it, and they didn't.

3.  S makes some sense.

4.  & 6.  Is your desire for a Ray Lewis type ILB an indictment of Myles Jack, a realization that the big RB is making a comeback, or something else?

5.  Do you think the Jaguars will end up re-signing Lee and Robinson, or do you think losing these guys are no big deal?

Regarding #4 & 6 -- Not really.  I was not linking them in the same fashion but they could go hand-in-hand which is a good observation.  

I just see Myles Jack as a finesse ILB at 6'1" 225 pounds whereas Ray Lewis was just a bad [BLEEP] ILB at 6'1" 250 pounds.  Of course, Lewis is a once in a generation type player but I prefer the bigger, intimidating type ILB.  I'd think MJ would be better suited for either OLB or an ILB in a 3-4 scheme.

#5 -- With a good QB, I think WRs like Lee & Hurns are a dime a dozen.  Good QBs can take unknown slow WRs who run decent routes and make them look like all pros. Take for instance the Steelers who had an undrafted WR Eli Rogers go for 594 yards last season.  If you ask anyone on the street who Eli Rogers is they'd most likely say an actor in an old western movie.

As to the portion in bold, you got exactly what I was getting at with my question.  Your paradigm of MLBs/ILBs are the big run pluggers, even though the league has gone to a passing league? 

Your closing statement in that paragraph is puzzling though.  I would think the 250 lb guy is the better fit as a 3-4 ILB, not a "finesse" guy like Jack.

As to number 5, while I have every confidence Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone could  identify and draft productive WRs, not sure I would want to re-invent the wheel at that position, especially where draft capital could be better spent elsewhere.  Those guys are still productive and still in their primes.  I would give at least one of either Robinson or Lee another contract.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: So What Positions Will You Scout this fall? - by Bullseye - 06-27-2017, 04:13 PM