Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happened to the Trump/Russia talk?

(07-11-2017, 04:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 03:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Except, the person that Trump Jr. met with was not in fact "an agent of the Russian government".  The person that gave the description of said attorney was a former British tabloid "journalist".

Try to spin all you want.  The MSM is certainly doing so as well as some of the democrat politicians, but the fact of the matter is, there is nothing there.  The article that you linked to "reports" facts that are not correct.

The part in bold is what the MSM and the left is running with.  There is nothing there.  Nothing.  Zip.  Nada.  Zilch. ничего.

From the email thread released by Donald Trump, Jr.:

Quote:On Jun 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Don

Hope all is well

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.
I believe you are aware of the meeting - and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?
I assume it would be at your office.

Best
Rob Goldstone

Junior thought he was meeting with a representative of the Russian government, and felt it was important enough to invite his father's campaign manager and his own brother-in-law. If nothing came of it, it wasn't for lack of trying.

Again though, what he "thought" and what is reality aren't the same.  Said attorney was in no way involved with the Russian government.  I would assume that Trump Jr. and the others involved would have known that.

As far as "trying", look at it this way.  If there was something there that was legitimate, of course they would want the information.

The fact of the matter is, none of this is "PROOF" of any "collaboration" with the Russian government at all.  The MSM is running with the story of Trump Jr. meeting with an official "Russian government lawyer" when that is simply not the case.

Just because a former tabloid "journalist" calls a lawyer from Russia "The Crown prosecutor of Russia" or a "Russian Government attorney" in an email doesn't make it so.  I'm certainly sure that not only Trump Jr. but all other parties involved knew otherwise.

People read into this stuff without really thinking.

As Homebusciut said earlier... it's a nothingburger.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened to the Trump/Russia talk? - by jagibelieve - 07-11-2017, 04:56 PM