Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Threats/Strengths in the division

(08-13-2017, 12:23 AM)archer56 Wrote: What in your opinion, is the biggest threat/weaknesses

Titans:

Threat:  They have a strong offensive line and good running backs, so they could theoretically be Dallas light in our division.

Weakness: Consistency? they seemed like a super inconsistent team last year.  They have a strong offensive line and good running backs, so they could theoretically be Dallas light in our division, but their defense seems suspect.

Texans:

Threat: Front 7, and NUK - he gets his yardage in the game because they just move him off the #1 corner.  If we get what we paid for we might not have this issue this year. 

Weakness: Qb Qb Qb.  What are they going to pull out at DB.  They also lost some power in their secondary

Colts: 

Threat: QB. 

Weakness: Everything else on their team? They didn't really seem to upgrade their offensive line much which they need, nor their defense.

Right now we assume all of the above to be true, but it all remains to be seen.

The titans looked great last year against a last place schedule and won against teams that had trouble stopping the run. Their signature win was against a Green Bay that had Rodgers inexplicably have a terrible game against a pretty bad secondary. They also won very close and low scoring games against KC and Denver, a couple of teams without a QB capable of exploiting their defense. Could the titans be good? I guess it's possible, but my impression from them last year was if you came ready to stop the run with good gap integrity and some grit, and could throw they were a team you should be able to win against, because they weren't a team that could come back from multiple scores down.

The biggest worry for me against the titans is that Jack did not look ready for the amount of run stopping he's going to need to do against the titans in game two of the season. This Myles Jack move could end up costing us a couple of early games against the texans and titans because I don't think they have the QB play necessary to win against the Jaguars if the Jaguars can stop their early downs running game.

The texans supposedly have a great defensive line, but a lot of that belief is about people thinking JJ Watt will be the same guy this year after major back injuries last year, but there are plenty of guys that never fully came back from that kind of thing. We'll see how they hold up against the run come week 1, but my guess is they won't be as imposing as everyone thinks they will be. The bigger problem for the Jaguars will be playing a disciplined game on defense and not letting them get any easy yards, which I'm afraid our inexperienced middle linebacker may allow. Stop the texans running and run decently on them and the Jaguars should be able to win a low scoring game.

The colts are really lucky they didn't get the Jaguars in the first month of the season. I'm not sure that Luck will ever truly be "back" with his shoulder problems, but the Jaguars would easily win against indy if we played them while luck is out. They're not good stopping the run, and their only strength would be that referees seem to hate calling pass interference on Vontae Davis.

To sum it up, I'm not really sure we know what the true strengths of the division are right now, just what they're assumed to be based on years past.

Messages In This Thread
Threats/Strengths in the division - by archer56 - 08-13-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: Threats/Strengths in the division - by SeldomRite - 08-13-2017, 08:10 AM
RE: Threats/Strengths in the division - by Kane - 08-14-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: Threats/Strengths in the division - by Kane - 08-15-2017, 10:57 AM
RE: Threats/Strengths in the division - by Kane - 08-15-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Threats/Strengths in the division - by Kane - 08-15-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: Threats/Strengths in the division - by Kane - 08-22-2017, 03:53 PM