Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago

(09-04-2017, 04:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 01:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If you miss the point of the intent of the monuments, you miss the point of the objection to said monuments. They weren't so much a middle finger of the north, they were meant as a symbol that their "way of life" was a noble ideal worth dying for, still existed and, more to the point, were a big middle finger directly to the face of African-Americans. The emergence of the monuments around the turn of, and early part of, the 20th century coincided with the implementation of Jim Crow. The same thing happened during school desegregation. It was all push back against social justice efforts.

There have been on-going, mostly local efforts to remove or change these monuments. I agree more important issues need attention, and I know many want to believe the current controversies were stirred up by 8 years of Obama and a false flag operation in Charlottsville, but when do we hear about them? When there are protests.

You missed the point of this thread. Hint: the group you're defending is offended by Lincoln. Lincoln for crying out loud.

You missed the point of my posts, I'm not defending anyone defacing any monument, but other points made in this thread.

That defacing a statue of Lincoln is stupid should go without saying, shouldn't it?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago - by rollerjag - 09-04-2017, 10:16 PM