Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars statement on inequality

(10-03-2017, 08:20 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Did you read my links?

You can't just compare things to the general population. The analysis in my second link compared the racial distribution of people shot by police to the number of felony arrests. If you just compare numbers to the general population then you'd have to say that men are grossly discriminated against compared to women because almost every person shot by the police is male.

Likewise, counting graduates or jobs vs. the general population is meaningless. That could be an indication that the opportunity is less, but it could equally well be a result of many other factors. You'd have to show a predominance of cases where people with equal abilities do not get equal treatment.  If you have such a link I'll be glad to read it (but I can't read the WaPo, it blocks me). 

As far as colleges, the federal government (you know, the one represented by the flag) has mandated diversity. Many states even have a de facto quota system that favors black applicants, and the Supreme court has allowed it. Businesses have a federal incentive to hire minorities too. Discriminating against the best available employee is a losing business practice.

Your point about many more men than women being shot by police is way off base. Biologically, male brains have a larger area for anger than female brains (I do not know what the medical community calls it) and the result is often being more aggressive. There is no sexual discrimination. It is simply a fact of life that men have a much higher risk of being felons than women for reasons medical experts can back up. I would be interested in statistics showing how many women are charged with violent crimes rather than just being shot for no good reason.

Why don't black people with the same abilities get as much education as whites? That is the question. If education was equal, so would be employment opportunities. It is a catch-22 because you need money to pay for college and need college to get a living wage job. For whatever reason, this is especially a problem for racial minorities despite the diversity laws. I wish I had the answers. Apparently many NFL players, mostly blacks, know the discrimination in this area is real.

Messages In This Thread
Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 08:55 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 10:02 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 10:38 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by JaguarsWoman - 10-03-2017, 10:27 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by jj82284 - 10-01-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 10-02-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by JackCity - 09-30-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by JackCity - 10-01-2017, 12:34 AM