Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars statement on inequality

Get the hell out of here. I'm so sick of hearing about inequality and social injustice. I'm posting it in the political form so you can call it as it is. 

Cue the you don't know what it's like to be minority crowd.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Uhh, wut statement?

There statement about kneeling for change and progress its on the main page

Link

(09-30-2017, 08:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Get the hell out of here. I'm so sick of hearing about inequality and social injustice. I'm posting it in the political form so you can call it as it is. 

Cue the you don't know what it's like to be minority crowd.

If you think inequality and social injustice doesn't exist in our society you're blind or fooling yourself.  Protesting by kneeling at the anthem is debatable as a tactic but I understand where they're coming from.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Lol there never has been a more equal society on the face of the earth. What exactly are these great social injustices were supposed to be kneeling for change?

(09-30-2017, 10:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Lol there never has been a more equal society on the face of the earth. What exactly are these great social injustices were supposed to be kneeling for change?

Disproportionate violence by police against black people is the primary cause for the protests.  Disproportionate incarceration rates of minorities is another.  Educational and economic opportunity in our country is not equal.  Racism is alive and well (although not just in the south).  Being critical of your country doesn't mean you don't love it, it means you think the country should strive to be something better.

(09-30-2017, 10:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 10:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Lol there never has been a more equal society on the face of the earth. What exactly are these great social injustices were supposed to be kneeling for change?

Disproportionate violence by police against black people is the primary cause for the protests.  Disproportionate incarceration rates of minorities is another.  Educational and economic opportunity in our country is not equal.  Racism is alive and well (although not just in the south).  Being critical of your country doesn't mean you don't love it, it means you think the country should strive to be something better.

Statistics say violence isn't disproportional against blacks, You have to accept perception over verifiable proof to accept that premise.

That's my whole problem with the "protest" when does it end, when every black person is satisfied? When every cop is veritably void of prejudice? Maybe when the ratio of white, spanish and asian inmates matches that of blacks? 

victim mentality it's the downfall of any society. By LAW we all have equal access to opportunity not success, that's better than any other society on the face of the earth has done. Less time protesting more time working and mentoring that's how you get real change.

(09-30-2017, 10:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 10:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Disproportionate violence by police against black people is the primary cause for the protests.  Disproportionate incarceration rates of minorities is another.  Educational and economic opportunity in our country is not equal.  Racism is alive and well (although not just in the south).  Being critical of your country doesn't mean you don't love it, it means you think the country should strive to be something better.

Statistics say violence isn't disproportional against blacks, You have to accept perception over verifiable proof to accept that premise.

That's my whole problem with the "protest" when does it end, when every black person is satisfied? When every cop is veritably void of prejudice? Maybe when the ratio of white, spanish and asian inmates matches that of blacks? 

victim mentality it's the downfall of any society. By LAW we all have equal access to opportunity not success, that's better than any other society on the face of the earth has done. Less time protesting more time working and mentoring that's how you get real change.

Statistics indicates police violence is disproportional against blacks.  There are sources and studies that indicate that black people are 3 times more likely to be subjected to violence, especially fatal violence from police than white people.  You're statement seems to indicate that black people are out to get police and that's simply not what this thing is about.

By LAW we do have equal access to opportunity but practice and theory do not always go hand in hand.  Blaming the victims by telling them they're just not working hard enough is a symptom of the issue. It's subtle. Hell, racism is subtle.

(09-30-2017, 10:50 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 10:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Statistics say violence isn't disproportional against blacks, You have to accept perception over verifiable proof to accept that premise.

Statistics indicates police violence is disproportional against blacks.  There are sources and studies that indicate that black people are 3 times more likely to be subjected to violence, especially fatal violence from police than white people.  You're statement seems to indicate that black people are out to get police and that's simply not what this thing is about.

By LAW we do have equal access to opportunity but practice and theory do not always go hand in hand.  Blaming the victims by telling them they're just not working hard enough is a symptom of the issue. It's subtle. Hell, racism is subtle.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/45...tually-say

Show me what statistics say police are more violent against blacks. I'm not blaming anyone I'm saying the perception is not reality and treating it as such doesn't change anything. Again when does the protest against perception end? Is it a constant protest we should accept as a way of life? What more can one expect than the guarantee of law to equal access? Is racism the goal? are we are trying to end racism, talk about abstract that'll never happen.

I don't even think people know what they're protesting anymore. It's just the thing to do now, find a reason to protest some grievance making you a victim. I find it really hard to sympathize with millionaires facing oppression lol.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2017, 11:12 PM by MalabarJag.)

(09-30-2017, 10:50 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 10:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Statistics say violence isn't disproportional against blacks, You have to accept perception over verifiable proof to accept that premise.

Statistics show whites are twice as likely to be killed by cops as either blacks or hispanics in the US. 

The actual data:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...shootings/

And the analysis:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/07/18/a...ng-result/

I'm not sure why you think opportunity is less for blacks, there are laws that mandate diversity, even ahead of ability. Asian Americans are hugely discriminated against in college admissions just to keep the diversity levels similar to their proportion in the general population.

If anything, the government discriminates in favor of African Americans in college admissions, hiring laws, and police interaction. One can argue that even more should be done to make up for the centuries of disadvantage before the Civil Rights Act, but not that the opportunity is less at present in the US.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Hate to say it but Trump really led the NFL on a merry dance.

In one swoop he's managed to eliminate players kneeling during the anthem and turned the protest from something to do with inequality and police brutality into some incredibly vague and pointless show of "unity". The whole protest is now gentrified to the point that Northwestern are now linking arms in a show of "unity". Kaps original message has been completely diluted and the NFL teams are bowing down to public pressure calling on them to stop the kneeling during the anthem.

The funny thing is even if they kneel before the anthem they're going to get the exact same feedback from the exact same kind of people. It's a lose lose for them.

(09-30-2017, 11:13 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hate to say it but Trump really led the NFL on a merry dance.  

In one swoop he's managed to eliminate players kneeling during the anthem and turned the protest from something to do with inequality and police brutality into some incredibly vague and pointless show of "unity". The whole protest is now gentrified to the point that Northwestern are now linking arms in a show of "unity". Kaps original message has been completely diluted and the NFL teams are bowing down to public pressure calling on them to stop the kneeling during the anthem.

The funny thing is even if they kneel before the anthem they're going to get the exact same feedback from the exact same kind of people.  It's a lose lose for them.

hate him or love him he knows how to play the game.

(09-30-2017, 11:13 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hate to say it but Trump really led the NFL on a merry dance.  

The funny thing is even if they kneel before the anthem they're going to get the exact same feedback from the exact same kind of people.  It's a lose lose for them.

Yes, it's a lose-lose for the NFL.

Had they just enforced their Operations Manual requirement when Kaep first sat with the same zeal that they enforce the color of a player's spikes, there would be no problem. But give an inch and eventually you'll live to regret it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I happen to agree that there is injustice but I disagree with how it is being protested against. All this kneeling is doing is causing further division in this country. 

If you want to truly affect change you do so by working in your communities. Working locally with law enforcement and other agencies or programs to educate people in a positive way. 

Kneeling during the anthem does nothing other than stir an already boiling pot and the media is adding fuel to the fire. It is also ruining a sport that many of us truly love. There is more discussion about the protesting than there is about the games and the teams/players. My Facebook feed has become nearly unreadable with all the "kneeling and standing" posts. 

You can be right about a thing but still be wrong if your attitude is wrong. Meaning no one is going to listen to you when you use an inflammatory way of getting your point across.

I mean if we really want to protest injustices there's a long line of grievances I can get on board with. Let's start with unconstitutional and progressive income taxes! Oh how about mandatory health insurance premiums! Maybe federal overreach into state governance? Nah the police that's the biggest problem we have...........give me a break..........

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nd-always/

like you where saying he really backed them into a corner on this one and made it look easy.  Laughing

(09-30-2017, 11:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I mean if we really want to protest injustices there's a long line of grievances I can get on board with. Let's start with unconstitutional and progressive income taxes! Oh how about mandatory health insurance premiums! Maybe federal overreach into state governance? Nah the police that's the biggest problem we have...........give me a break..........

Right!

The media has pushed this false sense that police brutality is some major, nationwide issue that happens the majority of the time.  Which is not true in any sense.

How about we focus on black on black crime? Black on black murder?  Chicago alone will keep you busy in both those categories.

This white on black narrative is nothing more than political nonsense.

As you said we have never been in a more equal society. 

Are there racists?  Yes and there always will be.  There are racists of all colors.  White, black, hispanic, it doesn't matter.

Don't even get me started on federal income tax!

(09-30-2017, 11:50 PM)EricC85 Wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nd-always/

like you where saying he really backed them into a corner on this one and made it look easy.  Laughing
Yeah this was an easy W. Makes them all look like idiots and all he had to say was a few sentences.  

I don't respect the man at all and think he's a horrible human being but he's far more intelligent and calculated than his detractors give him credit for. Partly why he's in the spot he's in right now.

(10-01-2017, 12:32 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 11:50 PM)EricC85 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nd-always/

Yeah this was an easy W. Makes them all look like idiots and all he had to say was a few sentences.  

I don't respect the man at all and think he's a horrible human being but he's far more intelligent and calculated than his detractors give him credit for. Partly why he's in the spot he's in right now.

As a person I tend to agree, there's not much I like about him. As a politician I'm 50/50 on him, some of his stated policies I agree with still waiting on some of it to come to fruition.