Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/world...trump.html

Let me preface with this: I have a tremendous amount of respect for James Mattis and the job he's doing as Secretary of Defense. For a man that many had pegged as a mouthy warhawk, his dignity and desire for diplomacy have continually impressed me. His dismissive response to the anthem kneeling (or was it something else? Can't even remember which controversy is which) was perfect. "I'm the Secretary of Defense. I defend the country." He's displayed a level of statesmanship far beyond anything Trump could ever hope to show, and an understanding of how the world works that Trump is oblivious to.

In short, General Mattis should be President, and I hope I have the opportunity to vote for him in 2020.

With that aside, with the man that Trump hand-selected to withdraw us from the Iran deal now saying that he thinks it's to our benefit to stay in it--and with very good reason--what does it say about the state of Trump's presidency, perhaps even his state of mind?

To further my Mattis 2020 push a bit, I highly recommend reading his remarks during an event in Kitsap, Washington. He clearly gets it, he understands the world we live in, and while I remain a pretty sharp isolationist, his response to the question about it definitely made me stop and think. I'd like to shake his hand someday and thank him for that.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts...ashington/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by TJBender - 10-03-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by B2hibry - 10-04-2017, 12:18 AM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by FBT - 10-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by JagJohn - 06-04-2020, 05:14 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by Sammy - 06-06-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by JagJohn - 06-04-2020, 11:26 AM