Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran

(06-05-2020, 05:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 04:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My husband and I were talking about this very subject this morning. Trump is a WYSIWYG kind of person. He puts on no airs. If you can do something for him you're the best ever, if not then there is absolutely no love lost. He's always been this way. His behavior is nothing new to us older folks who have known who he is since at least the 80s. 

Tactless and uncouth. No manners. Inciteful. Divisive. But damn if he doesn't get stuff done because he doesn't care if he rolls over people. It's both admirable and cringeworthy. I do believe on some level he really cares about what's important to him. Once in awhile I see it, even if ever so briefly. I just wish someone would take away his social media accounts.

That's more-or-less what I think regarding President Trump.  In the 2016 election he didn't have my vote in the primary, but he did have my vote in the general election mainly because he wasn't Hillary.

Regarding the part in bold.  I do think he genuinely cares about people and the country.

I do agree that sometimes I think that he should just stay off of social media, but then again that's really his only way of communicating his message to the people.  The MSM certainly isn't going to do it fairly.

You're certainly right about that. I just wish he could be a bit less....grenade in the foxhole. It's not always what he says but how he says it. No, that's not right. It's definitely both.

Messages In This Thread
Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by TJBender - 10-03-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by B2hibry - 10-04-2017, 12:18 AM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by FBT - 10-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by JagJohn - 06-04-2020, 05:14 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by americus 2.0 - 06-06-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by Sammy - 06-06-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: Mattis breaks with Trump on Iran - by JagJohn - 06-04-2020, 11:26 AM