Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Owner Shad Khan: President Trump Is the ‘Great Divider’

(10-14-2017, 02:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My take on it:
-I don't have a problem with their protesting. It's protected by the Constitution.

-I do have a problem that they are causing further division in this country by continuing to protest in such a way that is known to be inflammatory. This makes the whole conversation about the meaning of the protest null and void because all people talk about is the anthem and the flag and being disrespected which is a whole other conversation.

-It's ruining the ability to read or listen to articles and comments about the game or general team information because it's all about..... the anthem, the flag and being disrespected. 

-They should not be doing this on the job. None of us can go to work and protest while on the clock, why should they? We don't pay money to watch them protest and listen to all the crap from the commentators. We pay to watch a game. 

-I've said it before, if you want your message heard start in the community. A perfect example is of Malik Jackson and Ernest Wilford going to a school together to talk to kids. More of that is needed.

Agreed almost completely. I don't particularly care that they're doing it on the job. NFL teams are private businesses, and if those private businesses have no problem with their employees conducting themselves in that way, then who am I to judge? The flipside of that is that private businesses have the right to handle employee disputes as they see fit. If a backup safety takes a knee and Jerry Jones fires him on the spot, then hey, that's the risk they take. As long as they're aware that actions have consequences, cool.

Of course, few of them understand that. I promise you the NFLPA has been feeding them lines about how there's no rule that says you have to stand. The star players will never be touched because, let's face it, the only thing that would spark a bigger riot in Dallas than Dak Prescott taking a knee is Jerry Jones cutting Dak Prescott for taking a knee. But some backup safety somewhere is going to take a knee someday down the line, and an owner is going to be pressured by the league office into cutting that safety, then this whole thing hits the courts and wow, you thought we have a mess now? Wait until the NFLPA trots out high-paid attorneys to remind us all that kneeling is protected speech and the team had no right to cut the player for it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jags Owner Shad Khan: President Trump Is the ‘Great Divider’ - by TJBender - 10-14-2017, 03:01 PM