Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Owner Shad Khan: President Trump Is the ‘Great Divider’

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 07:48 PM by Ronster.)

Mr. Khan, it is the fault of Goodell and the owners (YOU) for not putting a stop to players spitting in the faces of the fans that pay to WATCH FOOTBALL. Most of us do not care about them protesting against a FALSE NARRATIVE. We pay good money to go to games, buy merchandise, and support our teams. Every Time these turds take a knee during the Anthem, they are saying to America that they do not give a crap about how we feel or what we think. President Trump was RIGHT, the NFL and the brass mishandled Kaepernick and his misguided and IGNORANT "protest" and now you want  to double down on stupid. 

Continue down this path and the NFL brand may never recover. I love my city, I I have been an NFL fan since I was born. My first words were " I HATE DALLAS". But I love my country more, I can do w/o watching football, I cannot  do w/o my country.  

For a smart Man Mr. Khan you sure are displaying incredible ignorance.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/...t-divider/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 07:57 PM by Ronster.)

Poll: Are you boycotting the NFL in the wake of the anthem protests?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Never watched anyway
  • 4862 (82%)
  • 551 (9%)
  • 549 (9%)

COMMENTS

http://www.washingtontimes.com/polls/201...-protests/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-13-2017, 07:48 PM)Ronster Wrote: Mr. Khan, it is the fault of Goodell and the owners (YOU) for not putting a stop to players spitting in the faces of the fans that pay to WATCH FOOTBALL. Most of us do not care about them protesting against a FALSE NARRATIVE. We pay good money to go to games, buy merchandise, and support our teams. Every Time these turds take a knee during the Anthem, they are saying to America that they do not give a crap about how we feel or what we think. President Trump was RIGHT, the NFL and the brass mishandled Kaepernick and his misguided and IGNORANT "protest" and now you want  to double down on stupid. 

Continue down this path and the NFL brand may never recover. I love my city, I I have been an NFL fan since I was born. My first words were " I HATE DALLAS". But I love my country more, I can do w/o watching football, I cannot  do w/o my country.  

Feel better?

(10-13-2017, 07:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: Poll: Are you boycotting the NFL in the wake of the anthem protests?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Never watched anyway
  • 4862 (82%)
  • 551 (9%)
  • 549 (9%)

COMMENTS

I doubt that 82% of people who are offended at the players' disrespect for the US are boycotting the NFL. 

Personally, although I find it disgusting I'm way too invested in the team to boycott watching or following the team. But I watch on over the air TV, so DirecTV is no longer getting my business and I'll no longer be buying Sunday Ticket. I won't be buying any more Jags paraphernalia or tickets either. I guess the advertisers still reach me if I'm not flipping channels or running to the bathroom.

However, many casual fans (wives who watch to support their husbands for example)  will stop watching completely. 

Khan can blame Trump, but if the owners took a hard stand before the season and shut down the anti-US hate, then Trump would never have come into play.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The pitiful thing here is a complete lack of understanding of both the player's protest, and many of the owner's show of support.

Not every American has the same life experience, and no one has the right to force their interpretation of what's appropriate behavior when the anthem is playing on others.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-13-2017, 09:12 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 07:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: Poll: Are you boycotting the NFL in the wake of the anthem protests?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Never watched anyway
  • 4862 (82%)
  • 551 (9%)
  • 549 (9%)

COMMENTS

I doubt that 82% of people who are offended at the players' disrespect for the US are boycotting the NFL. 

Personally, although I find it disgusting I'm way too invested in the team to boycott watching or following the team. But I watch on over the air TV, so DirecTV is no longer getting my business and I'll no longer be buying Sunday Ticket. I won't be buying any more Jags paraphernalia or tickets either. I guess the advertisers still reach me if I'm not flipping channels or running to the bathroom.

However, many casual fans (wives who watch to support their husbands for example)  will stop watching completely. 

Khan can blame Trump, but if the owners took a hard stand before the season and shut down the anti-US hate, then Trump would never have come into play.

It was a minor movement until Donald made a play for an applause line. So many are such pathetic dupes for that man.
- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 09:24 PM by MalabarJag.)

(10-13-2017, 09:19 PM)rollerjag Wrote: The pitiful thing here is a complete lack of understanding of both the player's protest, and many of the owner's show of support.

Not every American has the same life experience, and no one has the right to force their interpretation of what's appropriate behavior when the anthem is playing on others.

Are you saying that the symbolism of disrespecting the anthem is not important, only the motive? If so, then by that logic the symbolism of waving a Nazi flag was unimportant too.

I personally find both reprehensible.

(10-13-2017, 09:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:12 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I doubt that 82% of people who are offended at the players' disrespect for the US are boycotting the NFL. 

It was a minor movement until Donald made a play for an applause line. So many are such pathetic dupes for that man.

If it was just a minor movement then there should have been no difficulty for the owners to shut it down.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-13-2017, 09:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:19 PM)rollerjag Wrote: The pitiful thing here is a complete lack of understanding of both the player's protest, and many of the owner's show of support.

Are you saying that the symbolism of disrespecting the anthem is not important, only the motive? If so, then by that logic the symbolism of waving a Nazi flag was unimportant too.

I personally find both reprehensible.

I'm saying kneeling is disrespectful in your opinion, but your opinion is based on your life experience, which is not one shared by every American.

Do you also find anyone not standing quietly with a hand over their heart while singing the anthem also disrespectful?

(10-13-2017, 09:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote: It was a minor movement until Donald made a play for an applause line. So many are such pathetic dupes for that man.

If it was just a minor movement then there should have been no difficulty for the owners to shut it down.

Perhaps it was so minor they saw no need. After all, there was no rule requiring players stand.
- Bob Marley

(10-13-2017, 09:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Do you also find anyone not standing quietly with a hand over their heart while singing the anthem also disrespectful?
Yep.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Awful national anthem.

Understand what? That they are making a problem where there is none? They have an incorrect perception about cop shootings and abuse. This is NOT the 80's anymore. All it is, is liberals using identity politics to divide this country and quite frankly, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT... And the owners and NFL are playing right into the left's hands.

If the NFL wants to kill their brand and their reputation then they can continue to spit in our faces OR; they can stop this nonsense and focus on football. It is their choice, they should choose wisely.

(10-13-2017, 10:59 PM)Ronster Wrote:

Understand what? That they are making a problem where there is none? They have an incorrect perception about cop shootings and abuse. This is NOT the 80's anymore. All it is, is liberals using identity politics to divide this country and quite frankly, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT... And the owners and NFL are playing right into the left's hands.

If the NFL wants to kill their brand and their reputation then they can continue to spit in our faces OR; they can stop this nonsense and focus on football. It is their choice, they should choose wisely.

No one has spit in my face. Perhaps you just like spit.

I don't get it (actually I do). This issue has been around for two years and now you're "offended"? Breitbart and Donald blow the dog whistle and your ears perk up.

I understand that message boards and social media are where people come to prove their self-righteousness and show us HOW UPSET THEY ARE, but when you start trying to claim that it's football or my country, well, you've really drifted off into drama queen land. Enjoy your visit.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(10-14-2017, 09:05 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 10:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: Understand what? That they are making a problem where there is none? They have an incorrect perception about cop shootings and abuse. This is NOT the 80's anymore. All it is, is liberals using identity politics to divide this country and quite frankly, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT... And the owners and NFL are playing right into the left's hands.

I don't get it (actually I do). This issue has been around for two years and now you're "offended"? Breitbart and Donald blow the dog whistle and your ears perk up.

I understand that message boards and social media are where people come to prove their self-righteousness and show us HOW UPSET THEY ARE, but when you start trying to claim that it's football or my country, well, you've really drifted off into drama queen land. Enjoy your visit.
Maybe you weren't paying attention last year. People were offended before Trump said anything. 

You weren't, and that's your choice, but the NFL has to appeal to a wide variety of people. Getting mired in political arguments is incredibly stupid on the part of the NFL, and it was Goodell's response (as well as those of several owners and players) to Trump's throw away statement during a campaign rally that made this into the huge mess it now is. Khan's latest statement just adds more fuel to the fire. Every step along the path this has taken has made this worse for the NFL. Trump's campaign statement was only one of those steps, and should have been ignored. (Everything Trump says about any topic other than national policy should be ignored. His statements are pretty much all exaggerations)

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2017, 11:29 AM by Caldrac.)

So tired of this topic. And how it's a slap in the face to the military and our soldiers. So here's hopefully my last long rant on the matter. Which soldier exactly? Because the last time our Country was invaded by a foreign threat it was in 1775 - 1776 from the British Empire whom lost and we gained our Independence from.

Every war since then with the exception of the Civil War and the Battle of the Alamo has been fought well off shores from the United States.

And no disrespect. We all know now that the war in Iraq was a fundamental and colossal [BLEEP] up. Which can virtually be said about most of our wars since the 1900's. With the exception of World War and World War II. More on that in a minute.

There's also overwhelmingly strong evidence that clearly points to foul play, false flags and financial motives of the upper elite industrialists and multi nationalist banking families that created these wars to begin with.

That's not a theory. That's not made up. That's common knowledge now. You can look it all up in historical texts, books, documentaries, first hand and personal accounts and recounts.

It's a racket. As Butler famously coined after his legendary track record as a US Marine. Look up his speech about the Bonus Army. Sums it up better than anything out there.

You're not defending your home thousands of miles away. You're not defending anyone when you're setting your foot in someone else's home. That's the reality of it. Period.

And a lot of filthy rich people line their pockets even more with cash by using soldiers as a means to divide and conquer. Not defend and save. But to divide and conquer territory for resources and the inevitable ground work of a new political figure leading that conquered territory into playing nice at the table with the banking institutions looking to come on in and create a monopoly of said resources and territory.

Eurasia alone is estimated to be worth well over $12T in known resources and untapped resources and potential. That's T. Not a million. Not a billion. A trillion. $12T in money to be had by dividing it and conquering it.

Hate it or love it. Our Country is the greatest country in the world to most Americans. Despite all of its issues socially and economically. We're still the most sought out land for freedom and opportunity.

I am thankful I was born here. But I can admit what I see with my own two eyes. And I can admit what my Government is in conjunction with the United Nations. It's an Empire. You can't tell me otherwise. $125B spent yearly on warfare. More bases than any other Country on the globe.

We don't need to be defended at home. We've been doing a good job occupying the world like a game of Risk. And we've been on top of that mountain now since post WWI.

I stand for those who didn't have a say in it. Those who were forced or drafted into so called "War" which was really just a bunch of rich men sitting around trying to figure out how to get even more money and control in their hands.

That's why I truly stand. Because many men fought and died to make a few people that were already well off permanently well off without a say against it. Join or go to jail. That was your option.

But don't give me the "defending your home's and freedom" lecture. Because a keen eye and a love for reading and studying will quickly dispel that belief system propagated by the mainstream media and educational system which has long since been bought and paid for by the very same men who get us into these ridiculous "Wars".

God bless you all. I love anybody whose counted as an American. Regardless of your color or creed. And that's what we should fight for. And that's why protesting needs to be left intact. Freedom of speech was set in place by men who were once silenced by an Empire. They wouldn't be able to comprehend what we've now become today as a nation.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2017, 11:39 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

(10-14-2017, 09:05 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 10:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: Understand what? That they are making a problem where there is none? They have an incorrect perception about cop shootings and abuse. This is NOT the 80's anymore. All it is, is liberals using identity politics to divide this country and quite frankly, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT... And the owners and NFL are playing right into the left's hands.

People were offended in the beginning. You're saying this because you weren't paying attention or you're being fictitious. The difference between now and then is that more people are doing it, and the teams are making a show of it because Trump said something they didn't like.

Your last comment describe you perfectly.

There are reports of over 1000 Jaguar season ticket holders turning in their tickets for refunds. The owners are freaking out.

(10-13-2017, 07:48 PM)Ronster Wrote: Mr. Khan, it is the fault of Goodell and the owners (YOU) for not putting a stop to players spitting in the faces of the fans that pay to WATCH FOOTBALL. Most of us do not care about them protesting against a FALSE NARRATIVE. We pay good money to go to games, buy merchandise, and support our teams. Every Time these turds take a knee during the Anthem, they are saying to America that they do not give a crap about how we feel or what we think. President Trump was RIGHT, the NFL and the brass mishandled Kaepernick and his misguided and IGNORANT "protest" and now you want  to double down on stupid. 

Continue down this path and the NFL brand may never recover. I love my city, I I have been an NFL fan since I was born. My first words were "
I HATE DALLAS". But I love my country more, I can do w/o watching football, I cannot  do w/o my country.  

Other than the lined out portion, I think your post was well stated.

Let me know if you need a napkin Ronster. You have a bit of baby vomit on your chin.

So you either boycott the NFL or you’re not a true American.

My take on it:
-I don't have a problem with their protesting. It's protected by the Constitution.

-I do have a problem that they are causing further division in this country by continuing to protest in such a way that is known to be inflammatory. This makes the whole conversation about the meaning of the protest null and void because all people talk about is the anthem and the flag and being disrespected which is a whole other conversation.

-It's ruining the ability to read or listen to articles and comments about the game or general team information because it's all about..... the anthem, the flag and being disrespected. 

-They should not be doing this on the job. None of us can go to work and protest while on the clock, why should they? We don't pay money to watch them protest and listen to all the crap from the commentators. We pay to watch a game. 

-I've said it before, if you want your message heard start in the community. A perfect example is of Malik Jackson and Ernest Wilford going to a school together to talk to kids. More of that is needed.