Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: I would rather have...
This poll is closed.
A team with players who kneel
73.91%
17 73.91%
No team at all if the players kneel
26.09%
6 26.09%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Team that kneels or no team at all?

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 12:41 PM by raptor6581.)

(10-18-2017, 11:13 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 09:40 AM)raptor6581 Wrote: 1) it IS about rights. They are utilizing their right to protest, within the confines of the law and the confines of what their employer deems acceptable. No need to rephrase, as all pertinent parties to the action are in agreement on the protest.

2)Kneeling during our national anthem shows the players taking issue with a perceived (true or not) problem within our nation. They arent protesting to the British, to the British government, or anything about the UK's problem. Their actions during the UK' s anthem are honestly irrelevant to anything here, as the song does not apply to the US in any way.

3)Yes, the anthem is being used politically when it comes to sports. The NFL was paid to start playing it, in an effort to increase military support and service. Thats a political move....

4) you have again claimed the action is offensive, but have not explained why. What is offensive about taking a knee? Its what you do to show respect when asking a woman to marry you, praying, for an injured player, and in several other ways. So, why is it suddenly offensive when kneeling during the anthem?

And lastly, that doesnt answer the question. It doesn't answer it because you have yet to answer how protesting during the anthem is offensive, just that you find it offenaive. This should be easy.... If you find something offensive, you should be able to clearly articulate what you find offensive about it, and why.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

1. It's not about "rights." They could protest anywhere in any manner they chose. They elected to piss on the US during an entertainment venue. The timing of the protest as well as the actual (rather than the claimed) target of the protest is the problem. They are not protesting in front of a police station, which would be the right place to do so for the (false) cause they expound.

2. Doing it at that particular time and place puts Britain ahead of the US. It's not just my opinion, Jags management admitted as much in the apology.

3. Nice deflection, but still a fail. Increasing military support and service is political? What political party opposes that?

4. I find it offensive to distract from the national anthem and blame the US for a political-based lie. Apparently you don't, but I'm not alone in my opinion. How many times do I need to explain this?
Only have to explain it once..... Just took me asking you 5 or 6 times to get you to answer at all. Up until now, youve done nothing but try and change the subject by pushing the conversation down a few other avenues. As for pretty much everything else? I fully disagree with you. It makes no sense to kneel during another countries anthem while protesting your countries problems. Its literally irrelevant in every way to the protests. Because of that anthems lack of relevance, it does nothing to place their country above ours.....

Yes, something can be a political move while being supported byultiple parties. It doesnt have to have a partisan spin on it. No deflection there. Having the anthem played was a political move. Very simple.

The timing of the protests was completely because of trumps comments. Had he made the comments the week before or the week after, they wouldnt have done what they did in Europe. Its all location, location, location. They had to respond. He made a mockery of what was originally beimg protested, got the message completely wrong, and tried pitting bosses against employees all in a matter of moments. They had to do something. As for the police station comment? Thats just a small part of what they were protesting. There are other things they and Kaepernick were protesting. A police station just keeps them conveniently out of sight and out of mind for you.

(10-18-2017, 11:23 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 10:58 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Good analogy. I agree that kneeling during the anthem is equivalent to peeing on a rug.

But you think that Britain is better than the US? What's stopping you from moving there?

How did you extrapolate that from what I said? I love the United States in large part because we live in a country where kneeling for the national anthem doesn't get you sent to prison.
Yup. The British anthem is completely irrelevant to all of this. Why those who oppose the kneeling have locked onto this, I won't be able to understand.... Its pretty silly to even consider them not kneeling during any other countries anthem, while protesting injustices (real or perceived) in the USA, as some sort of issue. It has no bearing whatsoever on our country.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team that kneels or no team at all? - by FBT - 10-16-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: Team that kneels or no team at all? - by Kane - 10-16-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: Team that kneels or no team at all? - by raptor6581 - 10-18-2017, 12:38 PM