Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: I would rather have...
This poll is closed.
A team with players who kneel
73.91%
17 73.91%
No team at all if the players kneel
26.09%
6 26.09%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Team that kneels or no team at all?

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 06:11 AM by The Real Marty.)

I don't know how anyone could have missed the empty stadium yesterday for the Rams game.

Let's assume that the fan boycott over players kneeling for the flag is very effective, and leads to a precipitous drop in attendance at Jags games, to the point where the team has to consider moving.  

Would you rather have a team whose players kneel for the national anthem, or no team at all?

Of course, I've already voted that I'd rather have a team, even if the players kneel. But maybe some of you are so offended by players kneeling for the anthem that you'd rather they just go away if they're going to do that. Please vote and express your opinion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How about a team that wins?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 09:44 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-16-2017, 08:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How about a team that wins?

That's an answer for a Team that Kneels since winning is the deciding factor for you to attend.

I vote the same --- keep the Jags here.

Khan could make $500m in equity alone by just moving to London overnight.   The "current" Jacksonville market and fanbase, "as it stands today", sucks by NFL standards.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 11:41 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

I was at the game and most of the empty seats were on the visiting side which was in the sun for half the game. Rams fans dont travel well, but we were very loud which I saw Fornette, and a couple of the defensive guys appreciating it during the game.

Lets be honest, if Khan stataed the exact opposite and demanded all the players stand during the anthem, those who "boycotted" would still not attend and use the team's past performance as a excuse.

I would not be surprised to see the Jaguars become a target for relocation after playing a Rams team with a huge media market.

(10-16-2017, 09:36 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That's an answer for a Team that Kneels since winning is the deciding factor for you to attend.

Khan could make $500m in equity alone by just moving to London overnight.   The "current" Jacksonville market and fanbase, "as it stands today", sucks by NFL standards.

This, plus the fee to break the lease is pocket change to Khan.

He really doesn't even need to prove loss revenue over an extended time, he can simply say the team can be more successful in a profitable market.

At this point he is doing the city more of a favor by keeping the team here, if the fan apathy continues, Khan will stop with his investments around the city and begin to sever all ties.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I will support the Jaguars whether players kneel during the anthem, or not.

Shad Khan's commitment to Jacksonville should not be taken for granted. It doesn't take a genius to do the math, he would more than make up for any losses incurred by pulling up roots and crossing the pond, in a relatively short period of time. I think he'd rather stay and build his personal legacy by miraculously transforming the franchise and city, but we should assume he has a tipping point.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Kneel. Don't kneel. I honestly don't care. The crowd may have been thinned a bit because of the kneeling controversy, and then the owner's interview where he's referring to the other owners as a bunch of old white racists, but I think the majority of those not in attendance didn't show up because the team can't seem to find ways to win at home, but they will do so on the road or in London. Book it, they win next week.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-16-2017, 11:36 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: I was at the game and most of the empty seats were on the visiting side which was in the sun for half the game. Rams fans dont travel well, but we were very loud which I saw Fornette, and a couple of the defensive guys appreciating it during the game.

Lets be honest, if Khan stataed the exact opposite and demanded all the players stand during the anthem, those who "boycotted" would still not attend and use the team's past performance as a excuse.

I would not be surprised to see the Jaguars become a target for relocation after playing a Rams team with a huge media market.

(10-16-2017, 09:36 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That's an answer for a Team that Kneels since winning is the deciding factor for you to attend.

This, plus the fee to break the lease is pocket change to Khan.

He really doesn't even need to prove loss revenue over an extended time, he can simply say the team can be more successful in a profitable market.

At this point he is doing the city more of a favor by keeping the team here, if the fan apathy continues, Khan will stop with his investments around the city and begin to sever all ties.

Funny how you want it to be that way to support your ideology, but you have it all wrong. Those who quit supporting the team because the team is bad didn't suddenly pick this week to stop going, they bailed already. This week was the best team in a long time playing a home game with actual implications on the line, and those fans, who stayed through the Pus Era, stayed home. Those who didn't attend this week are the good die hards who have a different reason besides on field performance to boycott. Now you can say it's not about the politics, but the Team, Owner Commish, and League all know better. You don't urinate on your customers and not feel the effects downstream, no matter how much you race baiting lefties hope so.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Well.......

I don't live in J-Ville.... so if they move, it has little effect on me.

I don't really care if they stand, sit, or do jumping jacks during the national anthem.

My issue has always been about the messaging and the messenger.
I'm not voting. Cuz, whether they are in JVille or not, I'll have a team. But I also don't care if they stand or sit or kneel.

It is rumored that the Jaguars have refunded 1000+ season tickets in recent weeks.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 05:38 PM by Jagwired.)

(10-16-2017, 04:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It is rumored that the Jaguars have refunded 1000+ season tickets in recent weeks.
It's also rumored that rumor is completely wrong.

There was a plane pulling a banner over the parking lots  for about 10 minutes prior to the game, a couple turns around the area. The sponsors must not of had much cash. 

It stated " Be an American, Boycott the NFL and Jags."

Edit, So I continued to pound Crown and then went in to the game. Had a blast.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-16-2017, 04:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It is rumored that the Jaguars have refunded 1000+ season tickets in recent weeks.

It is rumored that Hitler retired to a beach in Argentina.

It is rumored that the reason for the quantum leap in aviation technology between 1950-1970 is due to reverse engineering of alien technology.

It is rumored that the guy that played Jake in that State Farm commercial has died.

It is rumored that the guy that played Jake in that State Farm commercial has died again.

It is rumored that the guy that played Jake--forget it, Jake. It's State Farm.

It is rumored that the Jaguars will trade a first-round pick for Eli Manning.

It is rumored that Walt Disney's head is frozen in a basement somewhere.

It is rumored that Ty Cobb is Walt Disney's roommate.

It is rumored that Elvis isn't dead. He just went home.

Do you have any proof for your rumor? Because I sure don't for mine.

Except the Elvis one. That's totally true. Tommy Lee Jones said so.

This is a weird poll. If they are boycotting the team, they have already chosen. Personally, I think the main issue is being overlooked. The simple reality is that people don't want politics in their entertainment.

Imagine this: Blake Bortles comes out one day and refuses to stand for the anthem. When pressed, he says that he can't stand for a flag that doesn't represent justice for all people. Millions of people are killed each year because of abortion, and until Planned Parenthood is reformed, he won't stand. Emboldened by his approach, other football players start kneeling.

People on the left can look at this scenario and know immediately that they would not want to see this happening in the NFL. It has nothing to do with free speech or patriotism. Progressives would call for him to be fired, ask the NFL to stop allowing this type of protest, or they would stop watching the game (they would also attack his patriotism). This is exactly what's happening with the current protests. The difference is that the right doesn't function as a collective, so it took an authority figure to push thousands of people over the edge. Here's the thing, though: I would totally understand why progressives wouldn't want to turn on the TV to see conservatives kneeling to protest abortion. If I were a business that depended on revenue from people with multiple points of view, I would move to stop it.

In my opinion, one of the reasons why the NFL didn't stop the kneeling immediately is because the power the left has to create a publicity nightmare for Goodell, so he caved. He allowed it, not because he wanted it, but because he was hoping those with the power to influence (ESPN especially) would not attack the NFL. The biggest difference between the BLM protest and the hypothetical I presented is that the media would cover them completely differently. They most likely would not have  ignored it (since it would make them too much money), but the odds are pretty good that they would have absolutely condemned the NFL, almost unilaterally, for allowing it. The opposite is true of Kaepernick: if the NFL stopped it, Goodell would have been chastised ruthlessly.

While it's not stated explicitly, those on the right have very little ability to represent their position on a national platform (outside of Fox), and they have become accustomed to silently venting to like minded individuals and keeping their mouths shut otherwise. This is why Trump is such a wild card. He tapped into an emotional sentiment that he picked up from his base, mostly frustration, and he turned it into political leverage. Trump does a really good job of mobilizing his base as a show of strength, but is terrible at turning that into anything productive. In a world where he had some kind of media control, this could be effective. In reality, it is just divisive. If he was more concerned with solving the problem than creating an "other," I think I would be more supportive.  

I knew when this started that it was a bad thing for the NFL, because the real issue is to separate politics and entertainment. Unfortunately, Trump made it about patriotism. Now teams are trying to get around the kneeling thing, but it doesn't matter. The underlying issue is still there, which is keeping people from coming back. People just don't acknowledge it. They make it about the players when it's really about They don't care if it's before the anthem, during, or afterwards. Entertainment is an escape from the pressures of every day life. Players are welcome to voice their concerns and the owners are welcome to allow it, but they have to deal with the fallout or people who don't want to pay for it. This is happening across the entertainment spectrum right now. The merging of politics and entertainment is alienating a significant portion of the country.

(10-16-2017, 06:39 PM)TJBender Wrote:

It is rumored that Hitler retired to a beach in Argentina. (This one has a lot of evidence behind it.)

It is rumored that the reason for the quantum leap in aviation technology between 1950-1970 is due to reverse engineering of alien technology.  (Although unproven, it certainly makes sense.)

It is rumored that the guy that played Jake in that State Farm commercial has died. (Who?)

It is rumored that the guy that played Jake in that State Farm commercial has died again. (Who?)

It is rumored that the guy that played Jake--forget it, Jake. It's State Farm. (What?)

It is rumored that the Jaguars will trade a first-round pick for Eli Manning. (If this happens, I'll slit my wrist!)

It is rumored that Walt Disney's head is frozen in a basement somewhere. (Cryogenics is junk science.)

It is rumored that Ty Cobb is Walt Disney's roommate. (That's a new one.)

It is rumored that Elvis isn't dead. He just went home. (He's dead. If he wasn't, why would you start a rumor you died on the toilet? That's how you would want people to remember you? If he was alive, he would've come up with a better way to "die".)

Do you have any proof for your rumor? Because I sure don't for mine.

Except the Elvis one. That's totally true. Tommy Lee Jones said so. (Tommy Lee Jones is a great actor, but he's also a senile, old fart.)

NFL popularity is decreasing in general, so there isn't really a target market that would guarantee much better fanfare than Jacksonville. London is a no go and the likes of St. Louis & San Diego aren't much better.

I agree with FBT. The team needs to show some consistency for people to invest an entire Sunday and hard earned dollars.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 09:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-16-2017, 02:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Funny how you want it to be that way to support your ideology, but you have it all wrong. Those who quit supporting the team because the team is bad didn't suddenly pick this week to stop going, they bailed already. This week was the best team in a long time playing a home game with actual implications on the line, and those fans, who stayed through the Pus Era, stayed home. Those who didn't attend this week are the good die hards who have a different reason besides on field performance to boycott. Now you can say it's not about the politics, but the Team, Owner Commish, and League all know better. You don't urinate on your customers and not feel the effects downstream, no matter how much you race baiting lefties hope so.

Khan has a $1 Billion dollar franchise that he paid $600 million.  He's also redeveloping a lot of downtown Jacksonville.  Personally, as a business man who immigrated to the US and made his fortune, I'd pretty much say [BLEEP] You Jacksonville ..... Adios !!  We've proven this year that we don't deserve an NFL Team.

KC had pretty much 100% attendance ---- Are they not patriotic?

NY Jets had a packed house --- is 911 and the Iraq war something in the past or can they actually understand what freedom really means.

We had 56,000 yet a person in the military rang the bell at the stadium. 

Our fanbase does not consist of the sharpest tools in the shed.

Why is it that liberal arguments only exist in do what I say or DIE scenarios?

(10-16-2017, 09:28 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Why is it that liberal arguments only exist in do what I say or DIE scenarios?

I'll let you know when you can properly articulate a sentence.

(10-16-2017, 09:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Funny how you want it to be that way to support your ideology, but you have it all wrong. Those who quit supporting the team because the team is bad didn't suddenly pick this week to stop going, they bailed already. This week was the best team in a long time playing a home game with actual implications on the line, and those fans, who stayed through the Pus Era, stayed home. Those who didn't attend this week are the good die hards who have a different reason besides on field performance to boycott. Now you can say it's not about the politics, but the Team, Owner Commish, and League all know better. You don't urinate on your customers and not feel the effects downstream, no matter how much you race baiting lefties hope so.

Khan has a $1 Billion dollar franchise that he paid $600 million.  He's also redeveloping a lot of downtown Jacksonville.  Personally, as a business man who immigrated to the US and made his fortune, I'd pretty much say [BLEEP] You Jacksonville ..... Adios !!  We've proven this year that we don't deserve an NFL Team.

KC had pretty much 100% attendance ---- Are they not patriotic?

NY Jets had a packed house --- is 911 and the Iraq war something in the past or can they actually understand what freedom really means.

We had 56,000 yet a person in the military rang the bell at the stadium. 

Our fanbase does not consist of the sharpest tools in the shed.

You used 2 teams with a 50+ year rich history and generations of fans as your example to trash the Jags fan base.

I'd say quite the opposite. Our fan base DOES consist of the sharpest tools in the shed to not put up with the garbage product they routinely put on the field.

(10-16-2017, 09:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:28 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Why is it that liberal arguments only exist in do what I say or DIE scenarios?

I'll let you know when you can properly articulate a sentence.

...  Puts my sunglasses down...

Say WHAT?

Team that kneels. That was easy....

Kneeling is only a sign of disrespect if you WANT it to be. Kneeling is a problem if you WANT it to be. Protesting is a problem to you only if you WANT it to be. Those who are boycotting arent somehow more patriotic than anybody else. They are just looking for a reason to be upset/offended....

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk