Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump to widow: "He knew what he signed up for."

1.) This is the first time that I am aware that we are micro analyzing the comments of a president to the family of a fallen soldier. This is part of the Trump derangement syndrome that may very well tear this country apart. People keep saying things like "If he would only do this right or say this rights etc." These are the same people who criticize his wife for her pre flight wardrobe or the way he hands out paper towels for crying out loud. There is no appeasing this part of the spectrum.

2.) I find it funny that we are talking about 7 words out of a conversation that I am sure lasted longer than a few minutes. It's classic of the left to take one or two phrases from a conversation or speech to try and take something out of context. I have heard him use that phrase before. Other family members of fallen soldiers have heard that phrase before. It's not used in the context "wow, suck it up, he knew what he signed up for," It's used in the context of "Wow, they were so brave, they knew what they were signing up for."

I had a teacher in high school who literally yelled and screamed at me if I called her ma'am by accident. To me it was a sign of respect, to her it was a sign of institutional patriarchy. Even if the alleged phrase was used and it upset the family I am sure that it was not the presidents intention. Another point of contention is the use of pronouns vs. first names. REALLY?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to widow: "He knew what he signed up for." - by jj82284 - 10-18-2017, 06:41 PM