Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 7 Walter Football Mock Draft Oct. 18th

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 07:15 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-20-2017, 09:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 04:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Based on where they have us currently slotted. I have it outlined below. Trying to be reasonably realistic here. 

If we did sign a QB in the off-season. My main three would be:

1. Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame - My idea would be for him to play at RT to replace Parnell and pair up with Cam Robinson for years to come. 
2. Roquon Smith - ILB/OLB - Georgia - He's very versatile, explosive and always around the football. Would like to see him lined up with Telvin and Myles.
3. Caleb Wilson - TE - UCLA - Despite the seasoning ending injury. He was a monster earlier on during the year for Rosen. I like him at the next level. 

If we didn't sign a QB in the off-season. My main three would be:

1. Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA - His ceiling is very high. Probably higher than Darnold's and Jackson's at this point. I think he's going to be a good one in the NFL. 
2. Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU - If your QB is off the board you might as well add some more weapons around who you have. Sutton is legit at the next level. 
3. Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma - He's been good this year. Has a lot of talent despite lacking the size you want. But he would be a viable option.

So does that mean you'd advocate giving up a host of picks that might include up to 2 future first round picks as well as some seconds and possibly more to move up in the draft? Rosen will likely be the #1 overall pick in the next draft, (I believe Darnold returns to school.) At worst, I don't believe he falls out of the top 3 picks and given how many QB's are gonna be needed to fill openings around the NFL, the cost is gonna huge to move up. I'm not saying I would be against it, I just know it'll cost us dearly to trade up next year.

Nope. I wouldn't move up to get Rosen. I would either stay put or try to move up to get Lamar Jackson instead. Who I think has shown marked improvement in his pocket presence and accuracy this year so far. He looked really good against the Seminoles today and had it not been for two beautifully placed passes in the end-zone being dropped they wouldn't have had to have come from behind to win that game this afternoon.

I think Jackson will be fine at this level. I like his ability. And I think he and Fournette will benefit from each other greatly in a QB/RB option type offense that Hackett and Marrone have pretty much tried to do with Bortles this year here and there. I think when you look at the success that Watson is having this year as a rookie as well, more than likely rookie of the year at this point, you're potentially seeing Jackson's value go up even further.

Then we have two freak athletes in the backfield where you have to pick and choose your poison. He's not Michael Vick but he's no slouch. I think he has Watson like ability, better speed, a solid arm downfield which we need and then when you have to count him as a running threat it should open up the plays downfield for Robinson, Hurns & Westbrook and/or Lee. Just something to think about is all.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 7 Walter Football Mock Draft Oct. 18th - by Caldrac - 10-21-2017, 07:03 PM