Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 7 Walter Football Mock Draft Oct. 18th

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 08:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like the draft he gave us only if we sign one of the top QBs in the offseason.  Going by his board how would your draft look if we sign a Cousins, Brees, or Smith and how would your draft look if we didnt. 

If we got one of the top QBs in FA I would go

1. Quenton Nelson, G, ND
2. Anthony Miller, WR, Mem.
3. Baker Mayfield, QB, Ok.  (if Mayfield is gone the I would take Ryan Finley, QB, NC St.)

If we didnt get one a QB in FA

1. Mason Rudolph, QB, Ok St
2. Mark Andrews, TE, Ok
3. Anthony Miller, WR, Mem.  (if Miller is gone then Will Hernandez, G, Utep)

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

I know I could of taken Rudolph in the 2nd in this draft but in real life I wouldnt know if he would be there with the 2nd pick so I would have to take him in the first. I feel he is the best QB in the draft with Rosen

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Assuming we sign a QB (Garoppolo, Cousins, etc) I would probably draft like this:

1) Orlando Brown OT - Been a big fan of his for a while. MASSIVE and good run blocker, put him at RT and you got your bookend tackles.

2) Mike Gesicki TE - would give us a long needed weapon at TE. Former basketball player with the size to be an everydown TE.

3) Best available QB - Time to invest more in the QB spot. Would develop behind the FA signed.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 10:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-18-2017, 09:09 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Assuming we sign a QB (Garoppolo, Cousins, etc) I would probably draft like this:

1) Orlando Brown OT - Been a big fan of his for a while. MASSIVE and good run blocker, put him at RT and you got your bookend tackles.

2) Mike Gesicki TE - would give us a long needed weapon at TE. Former basketball player with the size to be an everydown TE.

3) Best available QB - Time to invest more in the QB spot. Would develop behind the FA signed.

What if we dont sign a QB?

I like Brown a lot too but I just feel Cann is the weakest link and Nelson is a huge guy and beast in the run game as well. Not to mention I would rather Fournette see some more holes on the interior. Would love the Brown pick though I just want a dominant guard.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 11:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I'm not a fan of going the FA route at QB unless it's for Drew Brees and I would still use a first rounder on a QB as well, depending on who is there, because Brees probably only has 3 years left maximum. Going according to the Walter Football mock, I easily take......

1. Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

2. Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma

3. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

4. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

and I go hard after either WR Martavis Bryant or WR Davante Adams in free agency. I also look for veteran QB competition by adding Chase Daniel or Josh McCown as a one year lead in to the Mason Rudolph era.

(10-18-2017, 11:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a fan of going the FA route at QB unless it's for Drew Brees and I would still use a first rounder on a QB as well, depending on who is there, because Brees probably only has 3 years left maximum. Going according to the Walter Football mock, I easily take......

and I go hard after either WR Martavis Bryant or WR Davante Adams in free agency. I also look for veteran QB competition by adding Chase Daniel or Josh McCown as a one year lead in to the Mason Rudolph era.
So you wouldn't be happy if we signed a proven vet Smith or Cousins?   Instead pray a rookie QB can be the guy.   With as good as this team is I would we can bring in one of those guys instead of banking on a rookie

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 10:07 AM by Kane.)

I'm sorry..... move Robinson to the right side or interior??

I remember why I don't go to Walter football.....

BTW... so we pick another OL guy... fine.....
round 2 we go TE instead of QB?

Guess we signed Cousins or Brees? Cuz Rudolph is available.... if he's there in round 2, pull that trigger....

(10-19-2017, 07:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a fan of going the FA route at QB unless it's for Drew Brees and I would still use a first rounder on a QB as well, depending on who is there, because Brees probably only has 3 years left maximum. Going according to the Walter Football mock, I easily take......

So you wouldn't be happy if we signed a proven vet Smith or Cousins?   Instead pray a rookie QB can be the guy.   With as good as this team is I would we can bring in one of those guys instead of banking on a rookie

Even if we get Cousins, Brees, or Smith... I still think you draft a QB in rounds 1-3.... Gotta get a young guy to be ready in case it doesn't work out, or at least a seamless transition a couple seasons down the road.

(10-19-2017, 10:05 AM)Kane Wrote: I'm sorry..... move Robinson to the right side or interior??

Guess we signed Cousins or Brees? Cuz Rudolph is available.... if he's there in round 2, pull that trigger....

(10-19-2017, 07:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you wouldn't be happy if we signed a proven vet Smith or Cousins?   Instead pray a rookie QB can be the guy.   With as good as this team is I would we can bring in one of those guys instead of banking on a rookie

Even if we get Cousins, Brees, or Smith... I still think you draft a QB in rounds 1-3.... Gotta get a young guy to be ready in case it doesn't work out, or at least a seamless transition a couple seasons down the road.
If Rudolph is there in the 1st you take him

(10-19-2017, 01:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 10:05 AM)Kane Wrote: I'm sorry..... move Robinson to the right side or interior??

If Rudolph is there in the 1st you take him

Wouldn't be mad at Rudolph at 17

Right now... I think my dream scenario involves getting Brees and drafting Mayfield.
Probably a pipe dream... but still.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 03:40 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-19-2017, 07:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

No. I don't wanna sign a high priced veteran QB who is gonna put us in a bad cap situation and then we'd have to start cutting our talented, young defensive players in order to stay under the cap. I wanna find our own Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady via the draft, so we can build all this young talent together without having to cut some key players to stay under the cap.

(10-19-2017, 07:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you wouldn't be happy if we signed a proven vet Smith or Cousins?   Instead pray a rookie QB can be the guy.   With as good as this team is I would we can bring in one of those guys instead of banking on a rookie

Amen, brother.

(10-18-2017, 10:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 09:09 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Assuming we sign a QB (Garoppolo, Cousins, etc) I would probably draft like this:

What if we dont sign a QB?

I like Brown a lot too but I just feel Cann is the weakest link and Nelson is a huge guy and beast in the run game as well.  Not to mention I would rather Fournette see some more holes on the interior.  Would love the Brown pick though I just want a dominant guard.
I like this draft class. Gesicki is definitely a weapon at tight end. Either Brown or Nelson would be solid 1st rounders. Parnell has been playing well, but he's not a youngster and it helps to have quality depth at tackle. The toughest decision will be whether to spend a ton on one of those top free agents or get the q.b. in the draft. I really think if the Jags sign a tight end like Gesicki and continue to improve the offensive line, a rookie like Rudolph or Mayfield could be successful right away. Both those guys are accurate passers, something sorely missing around here for a long time.

(10-18-2017, 08:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like the draft he gave us only if we sign one of the top QBs in the offseason.  Going by his board how would your draft look if we sign a Cousins, Brees, or Smith and how would your draft look if we didnt. 

1. Quenton Nelson, G, ND
3. Baker Mayfield, QB, Ok.  (if Mayfield is gone the I would take Ryan Finley, QB, NC St.)

2. Mark Andrews, TE, Ok

I know I could of taken Rudolph in the 2nd in this draft but in real life I wouldnt know if he would be there with the 2nd pick so I would have to take him in the first. I feel he is the best QB in the draft with Rosen

Based on where they have us currently slotted. I have it outlined below. Trying to be reasonably realistic here. 

If we did sign a QB in the off-season. My main three would be:

1. Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame - My idea would be for him to play at RT to replace Parnell and pair up with Cam Robinson for years to come. 
2. Roquon Smith - ILB/OLB - Georgia - He's very versatile, explosive and always around the football. Would like to see him lined up with Telvin and Myles.
3. Caleb Wilson - TE - UCLA - Despite the seasoning ending injury. He was a monster earlier on during the year for Rosen. I like him at the next level. 

If we didn't sign a QB in the off-season. My main three would be:

1. Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA - His ceiling is very high. Probably higher than Darnold's and Jackson's at this point. I think he's going to be a good one in the NFL. 
2. Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU - If your QB is off the board you might as well add some more weapons around who you have. Sutton is legit at the next level. 
3. Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma - He's been good this year. Has a lot of talent despite lacking the size you want. But he would be a viable option.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-20-2017, 04:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 08:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like the draft he gave us only if we sign one of the top QBs in the offseason.  Going by his board how would your draft look if we sign a Cousins, Brees, or Smith and how would your draft look if we didnt. 

1. Quenton Nelson, G, ND

2. Mark Andrews, TE, Ok

Based on where they have us currently slotted. I have it outlined below. Trying to be reasonably realistic here. 

1. Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame - My idea would be for him to play at RT to replace Parnell and pair up with Cam Robinson for years to come. 
2. Roquon Smith - ILB/OLB - Georgia - He's very versatile, explosive and always around the football. Would like to see him lined up with Telvin and Myles.
3. Caleb Wilson - TE - UCLA - Despite the seasoning ending injury. He was a monster earlier on during the year for Rosen. I like him at the next level. 

1. Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA - His ceiling is very high. Probably higher than Darnold's and Jackson's at this point. I think he's going to be a good one in the NFL. 
2. Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU - If your QB is off the board you might as well add some more weapons around who you have. Sutton is legit at the next level. 
3. Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma - He's been good this year. Has a lot of talent despite lacking the size you want. But he would be a viable option.
Rosen went to the Giants with the 3rd pick.  He won't be there when we pick

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017, 09:59 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-20-2017, 04:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

1. Quenton Nelson, G, ND

2. Mark Andrews, TE, Ok

So does that mean you'd advocate giving up a host of picks that might include up to 2 future first round picks as well as some seconds and possibly more to move up in the draft? Rosen will likely be the #1 overall pick in the next draft, (I believe Darnold returns to school.) At worst, I don't believe he falls out of the top 3 picks and given how many QB's are gonna be needed to fill openings around the NFL, the cost is gonna huge to move up. I'm not saying I would be against it, I just know it'll cost us dearly to trade up next year.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 12:16 PM by Upper.)

I just got quite excited about the possibility of adding Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews to this offense. I think they will both rise quite a bit though.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 07:15 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-20-2017, 09:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 04:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Based on where they have us currently slotted. I have it outlined below. Trying to be reasonably realistic here. 

So does that mean you'd advocate giving up a host of picks that might include up to 2 future first round picks as well as some seconds and possibly more to move up in the draft? Rosen will likely be the #1 overall pick in the next draft, (I believe Darnold returns to school.) At worst, I don't believe he falls out of the top 3 picks and given how many QB's are gonna be needed to fill openings around the NFL, the cost is gonna huge to move up. I'm not saying I would be against it, I just know it'll cost us dearly to trade up next year.

Nope. I wouldn't move up to get Rosen. I would either stay put or try to move up to get Lamar Jackson instead. Who I think has shown marked improvement in his pocket presence and accuracy this year so far. He looked really good against the Seminoles today and had it not been for two beautifully placed passes in the end-zone being dropped they wouldn't have had to have come from behind to win that game this afternoon.

I think Jackson will be fine at this level. I like his ability. And I think he and Fournette will benefit from each other greatly in a QB/RB option type offense that Hackett and Marrone have pretty much tried to do with Bortles this year here and there. I think when you look at the success that Watson is having this year as a rookie as well, more than likely rookie of the year at this point, you're potentially seeing Jackson's value go up even further.

Then we have two freak athletes in the backfield where you have to pick and choose your poison. He's not Michael Vick but he's no slouch. I think he has Watson like ability, better speed, a solid arm downfield which we need and then when you have to count him as a running threat it should open up the plays downfield for Robinson, Hurns & Westbrook and/or Lee. Just something to think about is all.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 07:09 PM by FreeAgent01.)

I don't get the Rudolph love. He is garbage and I'd be upset drafting him in the 2nd or 3rd. Much less the 1st. Mayfield in two or three is a steal.

I'd stay put and see if we can get Jackson in one, if not draft Nelson and grab Mayfield in two.

I don't like Rudolph either. For me it's either Rosen or Jackson in RD1 or Mayfield in RD2. I am 50/50 with Darnold too. I don't trust that kid with the football. Hopefully he has a good game against Notre Dame tonight.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 01:43 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 09:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: So does that mean you'd advocate giving up a host of picks that might include up to 2 future first round picks as well as some seconds and possibly more to move up in the draft? Rosen will likely be the #1 overall pick in the next draft, (I believe Darnold returns to school.) At worst, I don't believe he falls out of the top 3 picks and given how many QB's are gonna be needed to fill openings around the NFL, the cost is gonna huge to move up. I'm not saying I would be against it, I just know it'll cost us dearly to trade up next year.

Nope. I wouldn't move up to get Rosen. I would either stay put or try to move up to get Lamar Jackson instead. Who I think has shown marked improvement in his pocket presence and accuracy this year so far. He looked really good against the Seminoles today and had it not been for two beautifully placed passes in the end-zone being dropped they wouldn't have had to have come from behind to win that game this afternoon.

I think Jackson will be fine at this level. I like his ability. And I think he and Fournette will benefit from each other greatly in a QB/RB option type offense that Hackett and Marrone have pretty much tried to do with Bortles this year here and there. I think when you look at the success that Watson is having this year as a rookie as well, more than likely rookie of the year at this point, you're potentially seeing Jackson's value go up even further.

Then we have two freak athletes in the backfield where you have to pick and choose your poison. He's not Michael Vick but he's no slouch. I think he has Watson like ability, better speed, a solid arm downfield which we need and then when you have to count him as a running threat it should open up the plays downfield for Robinson, Hurns & Westbrook and/or Lee. Just something to think about is all.

I can almost guarantee we'd have to move up and get Rosen. I don't like Jackson at all. If he can't find his first read, he wants to run and I DESPISE option type offenses. That's not NFL football to me. QB's pass and RB's run. If we started to run that type of offense, it would be unwatchable to me. I want a QB who can sit in the pocket without getting jumpy, scan the field and make his reads and deliver accurate passes. We don't necessarily need an Aaron Rodgers type to win. We could really take a big leap forward with a reliable QB ala Carson Wentz, Jameis Winston or Derek Carr type.

(10-21-2017, 07:07 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I don't get the Rudolph love.  He is garbage and I'd be upset drafting him in the 2nd or 3rd. Much less the 1st.  Mayfield in two or three is a steal.

I'd stay put and see if we can get Jackson in one, if not draft Nelson and grab Mayfield in two.

If Mayfield measures 6' tall or better, he won't be there in the 2nd or 3rd round. He'll go in round 1. I'd be all for drafting him, if he measures 6' tall or better.

Rosen will be the clear cut #1 QB off the board. I think he's probably 3rd or 4th best overall though. People will absolutely fall in love with his arm, measurable, and the fact that he is a pocket quarterback in offseason workouts. He'll be a workout warrior. The problem is that he isn't very good when pressure starts getting through or he has to move off of his spot.