Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent

(11-20-2017, 10:35 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If you guys are equating Franken to Weinstein, Moore and Trump, two of whom are accused of a pattern of sexual harassment and assault, and the third bragging about it, remember two details not shared by the other three:

1.  Franken admitted to his actions and apologized to his first accuser. and...

Quote:...he has supported calls from both Democrats and Republicans for the Senate Ethics Committee to investigate.

2. His victim accepted his apology.

As for his most recent accuser, who said he grabbed her butt, Franken has thus far not issued a denial, only regret if he offended.

Contrast this with Weinstein, accused by several women of rape and sexual assault like Moore, who was also accused of child molestation, Moore denying all accusations, and Trump, who was recorded  bragging about it.

If any one of you are fooled into this false equivalency as anything more than a distraction from the real issue, you are just plain stupid. He acted creepy, and may justifiably lose his job, but it was a far cry from those other three.

You comparing Trump to Weinstein is absurd.

1. What's the point of this one if Moore has denied his accusations? It has to be one of two different things... you think apologizing for sexually assaulting someone (but only after you've been outed by your victim) makes it any better, or you think admitting to it even if you didn't do it is better than not admitting to it. What kind of argument is this anyway?

2. What if Moore admitted to his actions, but his victims don't forgive him? Is it somehow worse now?

3. There have been 613 allegations made to the ethics committee between 2007 and 2016. There have been ZERO sanctions levied against anyone. Franken is being smart. He knows nothing will happen, and all the while, he'll get to trick people into thinking someone is looking into his behavior. Nothing will happen and it isn't because Franken is innocent. 

4. Just so we're clear, I think Moore should drop out. But Trump didn't do or say anything that puts him on their level. Nice try equating them, but you can't get that out of what he said unless you just change the meaning of the words he used.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent - by JagNGeorgia - 11-21-2017, 02:40 AM