Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justice League

So, has anyone else seen this yet? We saw it yesterday (gotta love $5 Tuesday) and it wasn't bad but it wasn't awesome either. I stayed away from anything that could possibly spoil any part of it outside of the trailers so I went in pretty blind. These were my thoughts as I watched it.

-There is a scene early on where a superhero (who shall not be named for spoiler purposes) looked all jacked up. I couldn't figure out what exactly was wrong but they just looked....wrong.

-The whole thing feels disjointed. Like it's supposed to make sense but it just doesn't and you're not sure why. 

-The addition of Cyborg and Aquaman was cool, only there was zero backstory. Or at least not any that those who are not comic readers would understand. 

-The bad dude didn't make a lot of sense and my husband said afterward that the alien creatures and how they came to earth reminded him of the Avengers movie. 

When we got home I looked it up on Facebook (that seems to be the only way to get any real time info anymore) and that's where I discovered there was a long list of reasons why the movie was not as good as it could have been and it all comes down to WB mandating a two hour run time so they could have more showings in the theaters. At least 30 minutes of footage was cut, almost everything in the trailers that made the movie look awesome was cut, thus the disjointed feel and the Cyborg/Aquaman introduction issues. 

WB should be drawn and quartered for screwing this movie over. Apparently they mandated a lot of editing for Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad as well and is why they both also fell flat. BvS has an Ultimate Edition DVD/Blu-ray that adds the scenes back in and makes that a more complete movie and I am hoping that happens with JL. That's the only way WB is going to make fans happy and recoup money they are losing at the box office.

DC is already way behind Marvel in this whole thing and WB sticking their noses in where they don't belong isn't helping- at all. I was wondering why box office numbers weren't looking great for this ensemble movie and now I know why. I'm glad we only paid $5/person to see this. Had we paid full price we'd have been a lot more disappointed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Justice League - by americus 2.0 - 11-22-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: Justice League - by flsprtsgod - 11-23-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: Justice League - by TJBender - 11-23-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: Justice League - by americus 2.0 - 11-24-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: Justice League - by TheO-LineMatters - 11-24-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: Justice League - by americus 2.0 - 11-28-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Justice League - by TheO-LineMatters - 11-29-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Justice League - by americus 2.0 - 11-29-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: Justice League - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-01-2017, 01:48 PM
RE: Justice League - by Kane - 11-30-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: Justice League - by americus 2.0 - 11-30-2017, 06:02 PM