Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can someone explain how the Vikings are currently edged out over the Eagles?

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM by Brett.)

For the #1 seed in the NFC? I understand the tiebreaking procedures are used from the following link:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I know for them, you would use the "to break a tiebreaker for the wild card team" because thats what you use still for 2 division title leaders with the same record.

So using that, I understand, it goes all the way to #4 which is strength of victory between them. (#1 is not applicable, #2 is even, #3 is not enough games from what I looked at. So it comes to #4). I understand strength of victory is defined as figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten. So for example, i[font=Arial,]f team A has two victories (one with a 8-8 record and another with a 0-16 record), its strength of victory is 0.250. (Also how do you get .250 for this?) If team B has also two wins (over opponents that are 8-8 and 12-4), then its strength of victory is 0.625.[/font]

[font=Arial,]Right? So are the records for their opponents for that based off this year? Can someone break it down between the Vikings and Eagles so I can see it written down to understand why the Vikings edged them out? Just like to understand it all.[/font]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Can someone explain how the Vikings are currently edged out over the Eagles? - by Brett - 12-04-2017, 10:11 PM