Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mock Draft Central

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017, 12:19 AM by ColoJag.)

Look at us we have almost made it to Christmas without starting a Mock Draft Thread!! Well, I am bored so I started looking pretty heavily into scouting and draft profiles. With that being said he is my mock for the Jags!!

Round 1: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP, 6'3 330. Probably my favorite prospect in the draft plays with a mean streak, short, strong, absolute mauler, explosive off the line, and gets to the second level. A lot of people on here were banging the table for Lamp or Feeney after the last draft but they both did not fit our scheme. Hernandez definitely fits our scheme and if we don't want to resign Omameh or maybe move him to RG then Hernandez is a very plausible choice.

Round 2: Dallas Goedert, TE, SDSU, 6'4 260. Best tight end in the draft but probably won't be the first selected due to the small school problem. Watched tape on all the other tight ends and Goedert popped the most and I only watched the NDSU and TCU games which are 2 quality opponents. He has the athleticism to go downfield and make plays while also being an above average route-runner. Can stay inline and be a willing blocker and I'm sure Mercedes could help him. Andrews doesn't block and the Wisconsin guy pretty much only blocks. 

Round 3: Kurt Benkert, QB, Virgina, 6'4 215. I know many of you think that this QB class is top heavy and I agree with you all but a sleeper to get in the mid round is Kurt Benkert. He is completing 60 percent of his passes and has 25 TDs to 8 INTs on the year. From the games I have watched he seems to be a little bit of a gun-slinger who sometimes just launches one downfield or into tight coverage but he completes it still. He could work on reading a defense and his reads but pretty much every college QB needs that who doesn't run in a pro-style offense. 

Round 4: Deatrick Nichols, CB/NB, USF, 5'10 189. This is a very difficult position to scout across CFB because you are trying to find players that have a lot of snap in the Nickel but college teams are not deep enough to put a top corner in the Nickel Back position. From the tape I saw on Nichols he can get burned deep but around the line of scrimmage he is very physical and good with his hands. Also, he does not do well with jump balls but that because he is 5'10. Would love to see his combine scores for the 3 cone to see how quick he is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Mock Draft Central - by ColoJag - 12-21-2017, 12:18 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-21-2017, 12:29 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by ColoJag - 12-21-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-21-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by flgatorsandjags - 12-21-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-21-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by BlueEyedJag - 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by flgatorsandjags - 12-21-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-22-2017, 12:09 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by jaglou53 - 12-21-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by Kane - 12-21-2017, 11:01 AM