Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How would you address the QB position in 2018?
Sign a FA or trade for a vet QB
Draft a QB early to compete w/ Blake
Draft a QB in mid rounds or later to compete w/ Blake
Ride with Bortles
Trade up in the draft to get the best rookie QB
[Show Results]

2018 QB Draft Prospects

This class turned out to be a bit of a let down after all of the off season hype. Josh Rosen was coming off of an injury in 2016. So that may have played a role in his regression. But I just don't like the kid. His best game was against Hawaii. He was sharp, focused and on point that game. I really liked what I saw in that one. But then he followed it up with four so-so games where he racked up a ton of yards but made a lot of mistakes. He's streaky. Not consistent. And that's my biggest issue with him.

Mason Rudolph is an interesting prospect. But he reminds me of Blake Bortles A LOT. He'll have to sit and develop. I think we could take him in RD2. But again, if he's Blake Bortles 2.0, do you really want him? He's got the same size. Similar arm strength. Even their completion percentages coming out of college are basically neck and neck. And that's with Rudolph playing an additional year in College. I just don't know if he's what this team needs at the position. I see the same guy in all honesty.

So, really it comes down to these two guys at the bottom of RD1 if they're there. Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson. Those are the only two QB's I see that could be starting in the next two years at a respectable level. Baker has been crazy, crazy good the last two years. His ability to read defense, his accuracy, his ability to make plays with his feet. The fact that he's won some big games and really as a Bulldogs fan that kid earned my respect in a tough OT loss. He played great. I don't care about his size at all. His production is off the charts. It's just that one stupid little arrest that scares me sometimes. Is he capable of being a Russell Wilson type QB? Or is he going to be the next Johnny Manziel? If he's there at 29. TAKE HIM. I think he's worth the risk.

As far as Lamar Jackson? Stunning athletic ability. Strong arm. Terrible accuracy. Needs to work on his feet and ball placement. He's not Deshuan Watson coming out of college but he could develop into somebody similar to him at the next level. He has intangibles you can't teach or coach. He just has it. I think as a rookie behind Bortles he could learn Hackett's system. It's a west coast system that requires quick little throws here and there and that actually may work within his skill set and his scrambling ability. As a rookie they could give him specific packages and looks to keep the defense honest too. I think he's worth the risk and you have to take him at 29 as well if Mayfield isn't there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
2018 QB Draft Prospects - by NYC4jags - 02-04-2018, 04:17 PM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by jaglou53 - 02-04-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-04-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by Caldrac - 02-06-2018, 08:43 AM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-06-2018, 01:10 PM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by Caldrac - 02-07-2018, 10:12 AM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-07-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by JNev - 02-06-2018, 03:03 PM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Jnev - by JNev - 02-06-2018, 09:02 PM
RE: 2018 QB Draft Prospects - by Upper - 02-07-2018, 10:15 AM