Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, does this mean the division belongs to the Jags?

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 11:46 AM by JaguarKick.)

I was thinking about this today with the news of McDaniels backing out of the Colts job (serious jerk move, by the way).  Are any of the other teams in this division anywhere near as complete as the Jaguars?  Could we be looking at a New England level period of division dominance?

The Colts are a mess.  Their defense sucks, their offense isn't anything to write home about WITH Luck, and now it looks like he might never be 100% again.  On top of that, they're going to get a bottom of the barrel coaching hire after McDaniels pulled this stunt.  This is the kind of thing that could take a decade to fully recover from.

The tacks aren't anything great, either, despite their playoff win.  Mariota is subpar.  Their defense is good, but not "Stop the Pats" good, and if they fall behind, their offense can't keep up.  I think Vrabel won't be a good coach, either, at least not for what they need.  I see them taking a major step back next year.

The tinhorns have an injury-riddled defense that is a shadow of what it once was.  Even when they get to 100%, they are holes all over it.  It remains to be seen whether Watson will duplicate what he did last year, and even that wasn't that impressive if you watch the games.  He had so few turnovers because when he missed, he missed BAD--dirt balls or well over the head of the receiver and all the defenders.  They seem to have organizational dysfunction of top of that, keeping the coach instead of the GM.  I also don't feel O'Brien is anything special, either.

Then, there's the Jags.  Our one weakness on defense is at Safety, and that because it's not to the level of the other groups--it's better than a lot of teams.  On offense, we need another guard, but our line played great all year.  The one glaring weakness is at QB, and there's a possibility Bortles improves, although I feel we need a replacement.  The only other area I see that we need some improvement is that the coaching needs to be less conservative in spots; they've showed flashes of brilliance throughout the season, and it's possibly that fixing QB will fix that as well.

I just really don't see how any other team wins the division.  Am I off base here?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
So, does this mean the division belongs to the Jags? - by JaguarKick - 02-07-2018, 11:31 AM