Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2018, 12:43 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-24-2018, 11:27 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 07:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So since you’re the GM of the Jets, do you feel it was a smart move to give up all those picks for a running back?

I did not give up all those picks, but I ask you what is the goal of stockpiling quarterbacks? The Jets have FIVE (5) players of that position on their active roster currently. Do I need to reveal their names to you for you to understand that it is common sense that at least one (1) of them should step up so the others can continue to rest a while?

It is absurd to question why I picked the running back from Penn State. For plain example, NFL Network draft expert, Charles Davis, in his latest mock draft, considers this player to be drafted FIRST, 1-1, by the Cleveland Browns. Are the Cleveland Browns a team interested in drafting a quarterback prospect this year? Why do you suppose an expert like Charles Davis would suggest the Browns select Barkley first? The answer is he likely would NOT be left for them to draft with the fourth pick, 1-4 in this draft.

If you were more aware, you would instantly realize that Saquon Barkley FELL to the Jets at 1-3. I suggest to you the Jets are NOT the only team more interested is Saquon Barkley. There is a division among New York Giants fans. I know this because I did the due diligence necessary to learn which player(s) were being discussed among the localized fan bases. The strongest voices among Giant fans is to select Quenton Nelson. Less than equally there are voices to draft none other than Mr. Saquon Barkley, the running back of Penn State.

Multiple picks are the price some franchises are willing to pay for an improvement of their draft position.
That’s fine and dandy that they have 5 QBs. Teddy and McCown are set but the rest will be gone. Surely you’re smart enough to understand that right?

You should also be smart enough to know that the rarely teams give up that many picks is for a QB. Saints did it once but it backfired terribly. The Jets made this move for a QB but you did this just to be difficult. 

It’s fine and this is only for fun but let’s at least be logical about it. They’re not drafting Barkley. It’ll be a QB and I’ll bet you anything you want that it will be a QB.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION - by Cleatwood - 03-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Jnev - by JNev - 03-26-2018, 02:47 PM
Jjah34 - by jjah34 - 03-27-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: Jjah34 - by flgatorsandjags - 03-27-2018, 06:00 PM
RE: Jjah34 - by NYC4jags - 03-27-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Jjah34 - by JNev - 03-28-2018, 01:22 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by NYC4jags - 03-28-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by CSTblank - 03-28-2018, 09:11 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by NYC4jags - 03-28-2018, 09:27 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by Kane - 03-28-2018, 10:06 AM
flgatorsandjags - by flgatorsandjags - 04-01-2018, 10:04 PM