Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

Mock draft GMs can meet here and discuss our picks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I picked Quenton Nelson for the New York Giants. The best offensive lineman in the draft. The Giants are sticking with Eli Manning. Nelson will start right away and is a consensus All-Pro caliber talent.

I picked Saquon Barkley for the New York Jets. First reason, the Jets have drafted defense for the past NINE years. The results have been no so fantastic. While it's been ten years since they drafted QB Mark Sanchez, I do believe the most recent first round busts force the GM to draft extremely carefully. As much as I'd like to draft a rookie QB, the talent scouts are using comparisons to Barry Sanders when evaluating Penn St. RB Saquon Barkey. The Jets have drafted a RB from Penn State in the past, Blair Thomas. He never accomplished much, but that itself should NOT impair the selection of Barkley.

Bilal Powell, Isiah Crowell, and Saquon Barkley. Crowded backfield

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2018, 06:59 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-23-2018, 06:50 PM)JNev Wrote: Bilal Powell, Isiah Crowell, and Saquon Barkley. Crowded backfield

I count FIVE (5) quarterbacks of various caliber on the Jets' roster right now. I can't be held responsible for what's in the past, and really can't justify drafting yet ANOTHER.

Bridgewater
Hackenberg
McCown
Petty
Stave

Can we get the pick thread and this thread pinned to the top of this forum for a while?

I kind of like the Barkley pick even though I never saw it happening. I could imagine the Jets being very tight lipped if this was their intention.

I don't get Derwin James of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick I've seen mentioned as possibly the best defensive player in this draft.

(03-23-2018, 07:35 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Can we get the pick thread and this thread pinned to the top of this forum for a while?

ok
'02

I'm a big fan of Fitzpatrick, love the way he tackles. I feel like he could be a good corner in the league but due to his size Saftey would be a better fit but I'm a huge of his. Derwin James is eh to me, he reminds me of the honey badger which does not fit next to Malik Hooker. I struggle with James size and if he can hold up in the NFL long term.

(03-23-2018, 07:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I kind of like the Barkley pick even though I never saw it happening. I could imagine the Jets being very tight lipped if this was their intention.

I don't get Derwin James of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick I've seen mentioned as possibly the best defensive player in this draft.

(03-23-2018, 07:35 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Can we get the pick thread and this thread pinned to the top of this forum for a while?

ok

I appreciate it, 02. I think Teddy Bridgewater will give McCown a solid run and wind up starting QB. No really need to expend a top five this year. Barkley has ALL the scouts drooling. I feel he is the best player in the entire draft.

The Colts have spent top picks on safety in recent years. Malik Hooker from Ohio State was their first round pick last year. In 2016 they drafted T. J. Green from Clemson in the second round. 

Elway drafts Josh Rosen? To date he's drafted five QBs since trading Tim Tebow away. None of his picks, Chad Kelly, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, Zac Dysert, and Brook Osweiler  seem to have panned out.

(03-23-2018, 07:49 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I'm a big fan of Fitzpatrick, love the way he tackles. I feel like he could be a good corner in the league but due to his size Saftey would be a better fit but I'm a huge of his. Derwin James is eh to me, he reminds me of the honey badger which does not fit next to Malik Hooker. I struggle with James size and if he can hold up in the NFL long term.

How is that? Derwin is significantly bigger than Minkah.

One defender not getting much right now is Tremaine Edmunds, ILB, Va. Tech. I was surprised the Colts passed on him, particularly since they've invested so heavily at safety in the last two drafts.

(03-23-2018, 08:07 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 07:49 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I'm a big fan of Fitzpatrick, love the way he tackles. I feel like he could be a good corner in the league but due to his size Saftey would be a better fit but I'm a huge of his. Derwin James is eh to me, he reminds me of the honey badger which does not fit next to Malik Hooker. I struggle with James size and if he can hold up in the NFL long term.

How is that? Derwin is significantly bigger than Minkah.

Idk Derwin just seems all hips/legs where Minkah is more solidly built throughout

(03-23-2018, 08:06 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Elway drafts Josh Rosen? To date he's drafted five QBs since trading Tim Tebow away. None of his picks, Chad Kelly, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, Zac Dysert, and Brook Osweiler  seem to have panned out.

Ya none of those have been to close to the prospects that Rosen is, even Elway can't screw this up.

Worried about 6'3 215 athletic freak Derwin James holding up in the NFL? Guy is a monster.  Fits perfectly with a Hooker type.

As a freshman:
https://twitter.com/RichardLopez67/statu...47072?s=19

(03-23-2018, 08:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: Worried about 6'3 215 athletic freak Derwin James holding up in the NFL? Guy is a monster.  Fits perfectly with a Hooker type.

That's the comps I made when I posted the pick too. Would be awfully scary to have to face that duo for a decade.

Tampa doesn't get James, but the top CB in the draft and a close competitor for top defender in the entire draft.

(03-23-2018, 08:45 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 08:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: Worried about 6'3 215 athletic freak Derwin James holding up in the NFL? Guy is a monster.  Fits perfectly with a Hooker type.

That's the comps I made when I posted the pick too. Would be awfully scary to have to face that duo for a decade.

Would certainly be interesting to build a defense back to front that way. Seems like Hooker will always be a "would be great but injuries" guy ala Bob Sanders already.

Lol So the Jets traded all those picks to take Barkley?

Brilliant.

(03-23-2018, 09:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol So the Jets traded all those picks to take Barkley?

Brilliant.

Jungle Cat strikes again.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2018, 11:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

All the talk about Derwin James all college season and possibly the first overall pick. I specifically watched him every Fl St game to see if he was even close to Ramsey's level like some claimed him to be. The guy gave up at a mimum a couple plays every game I seen. Got picked on in some and the reason his stock has fallen. He definitely didnt live up to the hype this season. He does have potential but no where close to a top 6 overall pick.

Derwin won't actually go 6th because QBs will go a lot earlier than this mock, but he's going to go quite high.