Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Addition and Subtraction

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 05:34 PM by Bullseye.)

Relax, non math majors.

I am among your ranks...which is what led me to law school, not med school.

But I am, like all of you, a huge football fan, so this should be pretty easy.

Name a player you would take away from each divisional opponent and add to the Jaguars roster.

For those of you with the misfortune of NOT being a Jaguars fan, you could do the same with your team.

I will go in alphabetical order.

Houston Texans-This is a little more challenging than I first thought, because despite their down year last year, they still have a talented roster.  Even if you think J.J. Watt is finished, they still have two excellent pass rushers in Clowney and Mercilus.  However, we are set with outside pass rushers in Yannick Ngakoue, Dante Fowler and you could also count NFL defensive player of the year Calais Campbell.  On top of that, we added Taven Bryan to the mix, and he is now being penciled in at DE.  I think Bernardrick Mckinney and Zach Cunningham are two good young LBs.  But similarly to DE, the Jaguars have good talent at LB with Pro Bowler Telvin Smith, and soon to be Pro Bowler Myles Jack, who would have had the best defensive play in recent NFL postseason history but for a premature whistle.  Not much room for either of those guys.   As a Jaguars fan, I am sorely tempted to say Aaron Colvin to bring him back here.  Another temptation for me would to bring Hopkins here to reunite him with his daddy, Jalen Ramsey.  But my answer here would be DeShaun Watson.  I like what Bortles did last year and it appears thus far he continues to show improvement.  But the limited time Watson had last year was electric.  If he can stay healthy, he has the look of a special player.

Indianapolis Colts-This is not quite as challenging an exercise as it would have been last year.  Last year, the Colts were nearly completely devoid of talent.  Luck was not playing, and they had to make a last minute trade for then Patriots third string QB Jacoby Brissett to bring some semblance of competency back to the QB position.  They really couldn't pass the ball very well or block particularly well.  Defensively, they couldn't stop the run, rush the passer or cover.  This year, however, things are showing signs of changing.  While Luck is still a question mark, I thought the Colts had a pretty good draft, adding two stud guards in Quentin Nelson and Braden Smith.  Not only should their presence allow Luck, Brissett or whomever more protection, but it should enable the Colts to run the ball inside.  To that end, I would subtract rookie G Quentin Nelson from the Colts and add him to the Jaguars, playing him at RG.

Tennessee Tacks-The tacks have a pretty good team.  They swept us last year and made the playoffs, advancing to the second round.  That said, even though they have a decently stacked roster, there aren't too many players on their team I would want to add to the Jaguars.  Delanie Walker would certainly be a consideration.  He has long been a thorn in the Jaguars side, and while undersized, is still a very good TE.  However, he is 33.  For many outside observers, the easy answer would be QB Marcus Mariota.  But at this stage, I am certainly not sold he is a better QB than Bortles.  Perhaps that is attributable to the scheme run by former head coach Mike Mularkey.  Perhaps it is due to the dearth of talent at WR, even though the tacks certainly remain hopeful that Corey Davis will develop into the player they envisioned when they drafted him 5th overall last year.     Though I like how Cam Robinson played overall last year, and I think he will make a good LT for us in the years to come, I think I would take Taylor Lewan, put him in at LT, and move Cam Robinson to the right side, leaving the Jaguars set at OL for the years to come.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
AFC South Addition and Subtraction - by Bullseye - 06-15-2018, 04:54 PM
RE: AFC South Addition and Subtraction - by Mikey - 06-19-2018, 01:14 PM
RE: AFC South Addition and Subtraction - by Sammy - 06-24-2018, 05:21 PM
RE: AFC South Addition and Subtraction - by cland - 06-25-2018, 01:00 PM
RE: AFC South Addition and Subtraction - by Upper - 06-26-2018, 06:54 PM