Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Titans CEO: Team to discuss anthem with Jurrell Casey

(07-21-2018, 04:55 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 04:27 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Protesting has a long and rich history in this country, and I have zero issue with it for anyone or for any reason.  I consider it to be one of the most patriotic things possible.

That said, there's something special about people who put their money where their mouths are.  Kap took a ton of crap for his protests, but he also poured thousands into poor communities.

Nobody has anything against the right to peaceful protest.. however that right doesn't have squat to do with this issue.

The NFL is a free enterprise corporation and not a democracy. They aren't telling these players that they can't protest or join a movement on their own time. They are saying when you are at work, you represent our business and brand... JUST LIKE ANY OTHER JOB WOULD. That's the issue here. The NFL is upset, because these protests have effected the support level of their paying customer and their bottom line. That's why they aren't happy.

I mean great for Kap for doing positive stuff off the clock and on his own time, but that still doesn't excuse him or make it okay for what he did on the clock while representing a entire league..nor does it give him or anyother player the right to do whatever they want to do at work without repercussions. 

I mean, I don't know where you work at, but I know if I started political protests while at my job they would fire me and so would almost any other job. Hence why Kap is still unemployed.. Well that and he was no longer any good anyways. He lost his freaking job to Blaine Gabbert before all of this even started.

The problem is, there was no policy preventing them from protesting up until now. And the policy that was created did not include the NFLPA in the discussions which is a violation of the CBA. Most jobs don't have a CBA, you can't compare yours to theirs unless you do. 

Plus we have people who still can't seem to understand what the protests are actually about, but that's another discussion.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com - Titans CEO: Team to discuss anthem with Jurrell Casey - by imtheblkranger - 07-22-2018, 10:57 AM