Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Titans CEO: Team to discuss anthem with Jurrell Casey

Titans CEO: Team to discuss anthem with Jurrell Casey

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rell-casey

Tennessee Titans president and CEO Steve Underwood says Jurrell Casey might misunderstand the NFL's national anthem policy since the defensive end will not be fined by the NFL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, that's it.... Protest the country that made it possible for you to make more money in a year than many people see in a lifetime. You want to do something? Take some of that money and start an inner-city project that teaches people how they can rise above the so-called social injustice and become productive citizens instead of buying into the thug lifestyle and being part of the problem.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(07-20-2018, 11:30 AM)temporaryname Wrote: Yeah, that's it.... Protest the country that made it possible for you to make more money in a year than many people see in a lifetime. You want to do something? Take some of that money and start an inner-city project that teaches people how they can rise above the so-called social injustice and become productive citizens instead of buying into the thug lifestyle and being part of the problem.

It seems as if this would be the correct mindset on the issue going forward but considering behind every other shadow lurks an agent provocateur it is highly unlikely.

It bares merit to the old adage, everyone has a voice yet nothing to say.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2018, 04:41 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-20-2018, 11:30 AM)temporaryname Wrote: Yeah, that's it.... Protest the country that made it possible for you to make more money in a year than many people see in a lifetime. You want to do something? Take some of that money and start an inner-city project that teaches people how they can rise above the so-called social injustice and become productive citizens instead of buying into the thug lifestyle and being part of the problem.

Take Warrick Dunn and Deshaun Watson for instance..

Watson and his family lived in a in a crime infested area then they were a recipient from a "habitat for humanity" house from Atlanta Falcons' Warrick Dunn.. Watson said that was the pinnacle moment where he started hanging out with the right crowd and his life changed and doesn't know where he would've ended up without it.

After that he became very active with habitat for humanity in college and now helps builds houses in Houston.

Both players who didn't/don't disrespect our anthem and are doing something to make a actual difference in people's lives. 

Kneeling during the anthem does NOTHING PRODUCTIVE for these players, all it does is turn people off and tune them out to their cause, dumb***es.

Protesting has a long and rich history in this country, and I have zero issue with it for anyone or for any reason. I consider it to be one of the most patriotic things possible.

That said, there's something special about people who put their money where their mouths are. Kap took a ton of crap for his protests, but he also poured thousands into poor communities.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2018, 05:09 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-21-2018, 04:27 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Protesting has a long and rich history in this country, and I have zero issue with it for anyone or for any reason.  I consider it to be one of the most patriotic things possible.

That said, there's something special about people who put their money where their mouths are.  Kap took a ton of crap for his protests, but he also poured thousands into poor communities.

Nobody has anything against the right to peaceful protest.. however that right doesn't have squat to do with this issue.

The NFL is a free enterprise corporation and not a democracy. They aren't telling these players that they can't protest or join a movement on their own time. They are saying when you are at work, you represent our business and brand... JUST LIKE ANY OTHER JOB WOULD. That's the issue here. The NFL is upset, because these protests have effected the support level of their paying customer and their bottom line. That's why they aren't happy.

I mean great for Kap for doing positive stuff off the clock and on his own time, but that still doesn't excuse him or make it okay for what he did on the clock while representing a entire league..nor does it give him or anyother player the right to do whatever they want to do at work without repercussions. 

I mean, I don't know where you work at, but I know if I started political protests while at my job they would fire me and so would almost any other job. Hence why Kap is still unemployed.. Well that and he was no longer any good anyways. He lost his freaking job to Blaine Gabbert before all of this even started.

(07-21-2018, 04:55 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 04:27 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Protesting has a long and rich history in this country, and I have zero issue with it for anyone or for any reason.  I consider it to be one of the most patriotic things possible.

That said, there's something special about people who put their money where their mouths are.  Kap took a ton of crap for his protests, but he also poured thousands into poor communities.

Nobody has anything against the right to peaceful protest.. however that right doesn't have squat to do with this issue.

The NFL is a free enterprise corporation and not a democracy. They aren't telling these players that they can't protest or join a movement on their own time. They are saying when you are at work, you represent our business and brand... JUST LIKE ANY OTHER JOB WOULD. That's the issue here. The NFL is upset, because these protests have effected the support level of their paying customer and their bottom line. That's why they aren't happy.

I mean great for Kap for doing positive stuff off the clock and on his own time, but that still doesn't excuse him or make it okay for what he did on the clock while representing a entire league..nor does it give him or anyother player the right to do whatever they want to do at work without repercussions. 

I mean, I don't know where you work at, but I know if I started political protests while at my job they would fire me and so would almost any other job. Hence why Kap is still unemployed.. Well that and he was no longer any good anyways. He lost his freaking job to Blaine Gabbert before all of this even started.

The problem is, there was no policy preventing them from protesting up until now. And the policy that was created did not include the NFLPA in the discussions which is a violation of the CBA. Most jobs don't have a CBA, you can't compare yours to theirs unless you do. 

Plus we have people who still can't seem to understand what the protests are actually about, but that's another discussion.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 07:10 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

Nvm

(07-22-2018, 04:06 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 10:57 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The problem is, there was no policy preventing them from protesting up until now. And the policy that was created did not include the NFLPA in the discussions which is a violation of the CBA. Most jobs don't have a CBA, you can't compare yours to theirs unless you do. 

Plus we have people who still can't seem to understand what the protests are actually about, but that's another discussion.

My god what a snowflake..

Let me guess you're a part of the revolution right? Lmao

You are going to be the [BLEEP] who blocks my tax paying highways and gets my kids killed, you are a MORON

So was Kap, So is every other moron who thinks this is a protesting... get a clue and figure out some sort of life.

Lol chill man. You call me a snowflake but you're over here losing your mind.

All I'm saying is, the NFL policy to punish players who kneel is technically a violation of the CBA they agreed to because they didn't consult the NFLPA. Doesn't matter what the rule is about. It could be a silly uniform policy, but they, by rule, have to consult with the NFLPA on it. THAT is the issue right now, not the kneeling nonsense.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I can't believe there are still people who think the protest are about the military. The protest are about stopping injustices in our society being done to minorities and others. The priviledged dont care enough to protest and the minorities who are affected most are being shunned because we choose to say something. I don't like stating my personal views because that brings out anger when talking to people who feel this is their country and/or land somehow....priviledged people.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(07-21-2018, 04:55 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:

The anthem wasn't considered "on the clock time" ten years ago.  Military recruiters persuaded NFL owners to change that.  But maybe we should just go back to having only military and singers out for the anthem and have the players come out after.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-23-2018, 12:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 04:55 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Nobody has anything against the right to peaceful protest.. however that right doesn't have squat to do with this issue.

The anthem wasn't considered "on the clock time" ten years ago.  Military recruiters persuaded NFL owners to change that.  But maybe we should just go back to having only military and singers out for the anthem and have the players come out after.

That would be fine with me.

Yeah as Goodell dropped the ball there. When he should had suspended players a game or two. If they kneeled for the anthem. Making attendance and TV audiences shrink.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 08:30 AM by UCF Knight.)

(07-22-2018, 10:57 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 04:55 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Nobody has anything against the right to peaceful protest.. however that right doesn't have squat to do with this issue.

The problem is, there was no policy preventing them from protesting up until now. And the policy that was created did not include the NFLPA in the discussions which is a violation of the CBA. Most jobs don't have a CBA, you can't compare yours to theirs unless you do. 

There's no policy where I work about protesting while working either, but it doesn't mean I wont get fired for not working while being paid. If people don't understand what the protests are about, then why don't players acknowledge that to some people not standing for the anthem is extremely disrespectful? I've been to Jags games and if you don't take your hat off you will have a number of people yelling at you to take it off.

(07-24-2018, 08:29 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 10:57 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The problem is, there was no policy preventing them from protesting up until now. And the policy that was created did not include the NFLPA in the discussions which is a violation of the CBA. Most jobs don't have a CBA, you can't compare yours to theirs unless you do. 

There's no policy where I work about protesting while working either, but it doesn't mean I wont get fired for not working while being paid. If people don't understand what the protests are about, then why don't players acknowledge that to some people not standing for the anthem is extremely disrespectful?  I've been to Jags games and if you don't take your hat off you will have a number of people yelling at you to take it off.

But they are still working. No one has sat out a game or a practice. They are working when they are required to work.

Look I understand people getting upset about it, but I just think that anger is misplaced. They're misinterpreting the act and the reason behind it.

The biggest problem I have is kids/young adults doing it who don't have any idea why and just want to make some noise. There is nothing wrong with the true cause behind the stance (pun not intended) but it's been so twisted and misconstrued by everyone from Trump to even other NFL players.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 05:38 PM by JaguarKick.)

1) The NFL is not like a normal job. You don't have a CBA where you work in all likelihood. That makes it difficult to compare.

2) I agree that this becomes a work-related issue. There would be consequences if I were to stage a political protest at my job, and I believe the NFL has the right to deal with players as employees. However, this is where it gets murky. There cannot be a work-related policy that requires you to show patriotism. They CANNOT require players to stand with their hands over their hearts. It infringes upon their rights. And standing for the anthem is not technically in their job description.

3) It's silly that people were so bent out of shape about it to begin with. Who. Cares? A bunch of triggered Republicans got their panties all twisted because "They don't respect mah country den they can just leave." (See CarrBombed, above) Protesting does not make you a moron, and there still exist inequalities along gender and race lines, regardless of what your very limited anecdotal evidence as a white male tells you.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 06:55 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-26-2018, 05:37 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: 1) The NFL is not like a normal job.  You don't have a CBA where you work in all likelihood.  That makes it difficult to compare.

2) I agree that this becomes a work-related issue.  There would be consequences if I were to stage a political protest at my job, and I believe the NFL has the right to deal with players as employees.  However, this is where it gets murky.  There cannot be a work-related policy that requires you to show patriotism.  They CANNOT require players to stand with their hands over their hearts.  It infringes upon their rights.  And standing for the anthem is not technically in their job description.

3) It's silly that people were so bent out of shape about it to begin with.  Who. Cares?  A bunch of triggered Republicans got their panties all twisted because "They don't respect mah country den they can just leave." (See CarrBombed, above)  Protesting does not make you a moron, and there still exist inequalities along gender and race lines, regardless of what your very limited anecdotal evidence as a white male tells you.

1) the CBA doesn't have crap to do with this, nor does it prevent comparing the employment of a NLFer to a employee of a job that is unionized.. last I checked, NFL owners are still free to suspend and fire (cut) their employees as they see fit. Why people like you keep bringing up the CBA (which actually sides with the owners on this) and players union is extremely laughable. Not only is it the weakest union in all of professional sports, it's also one of the weakest unions in the country..LOL, I've worked for stronger unions in the past.

2) There isn't a work related policy which requires them to stand with their hands over their heart or even stand.. Again more B.S. No rights are being infringed upon here at all. So I don't know what you're even getting at with point #2. They already said that if the players didn't want to stand then they could stay in the locker room. The backlash from the NFL isn't as much about wanting the players to "show Patriotism", it's about not allowing paid employees carry out decisive protests that are pissing off a large amount of their paying customers and are hurting their bottom line. You're freaking crazy if you don't think a company has every right to keep political protests out of their day to day operations.. players unions be damned, they have absolutely zero power here.. again why your point #1 doesn't hold any weight.

3) and this is where you really go off into the deep end, not everyone gives a damn about your social justice warrior bullcrap or believes all your liberal battle cries, especially when all they're trying to do is escape all that crap and enjoy entertainment they pay good money for and that's the root of this entire issue.. so no, it's not silly that people pushed back or are currently pushing back. The only morons are the ones who think that everyone should just shut their mouths and just except the misplaced, horribly misguided, poorly thought out disrespectful protests.

You want to protest..go do it in a appropriate forum/place and no one would have a problem with it. If you're a idiot like these players are and chose to go about it the way some of these players have.. THEN STOP CRYING ABOUT THE BACKLASH OR REPROCUSSIONS THAT COME FROM IT! That's what's "silly" here. A bunch of libatards wanted to start a political protest to create a reaction, but now they don't like the reaction they've created. What's really funny is, because how stupid their protests are, nobody even talks about what they are protesting LOL. My god, people on the left could mess up a wet dream. Smile The NFL football field/sideline is not a safe space.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 06:53 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-26-2018, 06:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You want to protest..go do it in a appropriate forum/place and no one would have a problem with it.
Yet this political discussion-and your participation in it-is taking place in a forum designed for football talk as it relates to other AFC South teams.

This discussion should be moved to the political forum or otherwise deleted.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 06:52 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-26-2018, 06:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 06:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You want to protest..go do it in a appropriate forum/place and no one would have a problem with it.
Yet this political discussion-and your participation in it-is taking place in a forum designed for football talk as it relates to other AFC South teams.

This discussion should be moved to the political forum or otherwise deleted.

Sure go ahead.. I was responding to the post above, but now I'm done.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED BY ME TO THE POLITICS FORUM.  I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND OUR MEMBERS TO KEEP TOPICS IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUMS PLEASE.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.