Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

(08-12-2018, 12:03 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 11:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Well, this is the "division" part of the forum where you can discuss, you know, the division and teams within it.

I'm not seeing this butthurt you're talking about. In fact, there have been a few in this part of the forum trying to bring you tack buddy out of the clouds and talk reality before the first game of the preseason was played. Yes, it is preseason but alot of the issues that were predicted to occur are popping up. The tacks are still looking for a consistent secondary, some receivers to start catching the ball, and a QB that can start going through progressions and throwing at the receivers numbers before going back to the first instinct of tuck and run. The defense as a whole has been able to play with some obvious weaknesses but as TurndownforWatt proposes, Vrabel and his system may actually compound those weaknesses and cause some serious issues. It'll take a few more games to know for sure how much your team will or will not suffer growing pains on both sides of the ball. Looking shakey at the moment.

And Mariota was the only QB in the AFC South to throw a TD pass despite his three top targets sidelined. And the defense played well overall despite missing several guys there as well. And it was still just a preseason game. Other than Butler getting abused by Adams with a double move out of press coverage on one play, I didn’t really see shaky so much.
Not sure I’d be blowing the horn of passing achievement over a couple 5-yard throws with blown coverage. However, I do like the more balanced play calling. The thing I’d be concerned about, as a tacks fan, is the heavy emphasis on quick game plays. I get that Mariota grew up in that type of offense but by NFL standards it’s so 10 years ago. It’ll be interesting to see how or if the offense matures beyong short slants, picks, bubble screens, etc.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all.. - by B2hibry - 08-12-2018, 10:40 AM