Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

Especially Nashville Dave who for some odd reason thinks Vrabel was a good hire (and thinks that the Titans are going to win the division and are SB favorites) despite the fact that he is inexperienced as hell and sucks at calling a NFL defense.. Be prepared to be scored on ALOT!

My God, it was a breath of fresh air seeing RAC back last night.. The Texans defense is back, the players are happy about it too.. how many points did Vrabel's defense give up last night? Be prepared and strap your belt on that fail train, because you're going to have to ride it for at least 3 years LOL
Laughing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A Mike Vrabel led secondary especially sucks.. be prepared to be scored on early and often Titan fans.

Welp. Might as well pack it in for the season. CB saw a stat line from a preseason game and has called it.

I'm not sure why there's so much hype about the unproven Vrabel. I'd be nervous if I was a tack fan.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(08-11-2018, 11:33 AM)PF* Wrote: I'm not sure why there's so much hype about the unproven Vrabel. I'd be nervous if I was a tack fan.

You just have to see it from the tack fan's perspective. Last year with a team that managed to have negative net points and a QB who threw more interceptions than touchdowns then won a playoffs game their coach must have been absurdly bad, because everything else points to their players being great. Therefore they're in much the same situation the Jaguars were with Gus, clearly any change must be a positive so they have nowhere to go but up.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 12:23 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-11-2018, 09:52 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: Welp. Might as well pack it in for the season. CB saw a stat line from a preseason game and has called it.

Actually I called it before your game even started..I watched it all last season, hence why I think he's going to fail. Even his old (our) players have criticized his play calling last year. You do know that Houston was dead last in points allowed last season right? (Reason why with the league's best offense with Watson they still only won half his starts/3 games).. and he was rewarded with a head coaching job, it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Mike Vrabel's defense gave up over 27 ppg last season and almost 2 ppg more than the next worst defense...that is God awful..but Titans reward the man with a head coaching job after that piss poor performance, lol.

This thread reeks of butthurt

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 07:54 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-11-2018, 06:21 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: This thread reeks of butthurt

Actually I'm excited, we have the Jedi Master calling the defensive plays again. The defense is looking more like the #1 defense it was before Vrabel mismanaged it and ran it into the ground.

Why would I be butthurt? We greatly improved on that side of the ball while a divisional opponent possibly got weaker. No butthurt here, I'm happy.
Big Grin

(08-11-2018, 07:45 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 06:21 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: This thread reeks of butthurt

Actually I'm excited, we have the Jedi Master calling the defensive plays again. The defense is looking more like the #1 defense it was before Vrabel mismanaged it and ran it into the ground.

Why would I be butthurt? We greatly improved on that side of the ball while a divisional opponent possibly got weaker. No butthurt here, I'm happy.
Big Grin

You're the biggest homer of all time, lol.  But we're all 0-0 right now, so I guess I can't talk yet.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 10:50 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-11-2018, 07:57 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 07:45 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Actually I'm excited, we have the Jedi Master calling the defensive plays again. The defense is looking more like the #1 defense it was before Vrabel mismanaged it and ran it into the ground.

Big Grin

You're the biggest homer of all time, lol.  But we're all 0-0 right now, so I guess I can't talk yet.

How is me saying that we'll have one of the best defenses in the NFL being a homer.. We've already done it before, even without Watt, RAC is that good of a coordinator. Watt, Mercilus, D.J. Reader, Clowney, Jonathan Joseph, and Mathieu didn't even play and we were still getting pressure at will against the Chiefs starting offensive line. Anthony Weaver has called this Dline the best and deepest Dline he has ever coached. The LBer position may even be stronger and deeper than the Dline and the secondary will be improved as well. We have made the playoffs twice with the absolute clown car of QBs that have played here since Schaub. All we need is to get the defense to return to form (Crennel will take care of that) and for Watson to finally bring stability to the QB position..

Oh and surprisingly, the Texans offensive line played really well, especially new starting LT Julie'n Davenport.

P.S.

The biggest homer on this board is easily Nashville Dave.. He thinks that the Titans should've been favorites to win the division last year, thinks that the Titans are going to win the division this year, and thinks that the Titans should be Superbowl favorites.

I believe that if the Texans defense returns to form due to the departure of Vrabel calling the shots, the reinstatement of Romeo Crennel calling the plays, the health of Watson, and stability of the offensive line...the Texans will challenge for the divisional title. This isn't a crap division anymore..and depending on the health of Andrew Luck I can easily see the Titans finishing in last place. I think their defensive performance is going to be a crap show this season.

If you’re not butthurt, then what exactly are you crowing about?

(08-11-2018, 10:14 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: If you’re not butthurt, then what exactly are you crowing about?

You think I'm butthurt...can you please explain what it is that I'm butthurt about?

I mean, who gets butthurt about losing a defensive coordinator that surrendered the most points allowed in the league by a wide margin? I mean what sense does that make? Trust me, I'm happy, just like our players are (I guess they're "butthurt" too) to have Romeo Crennel steering the ship again.

Here's another question, has a inexperienced coach ever been given a head coaching job after leading the league's worst scoring defense.. what on Vrabel's resume warranted that kind of promotion? The guy was a solid LBer coach in 2016, but when Houston gave him more responsibility as defensive coordinator he **** the bed and was in over his head, now your team is giving him even more responsibility.. look one day Mike Vrabel might grow to be a good NFL head coach, but he isn't ready yet. Either way, that's your problem now and it worked out on our end by having RAC back..so again, what is it exactly that I should be butthurt about? Romeo Crennel is a > defensive coach/play caller than Mike Vrabel..he's one of the best in league history.

(08-11-2018, 08:54 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 07:57 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You're the biggest homer of all time, lol.  But we're all 0-0 right now, so I guess I can't talk yet.

How is me saying that we'll have one of the best defenses in the NFL being a homer.. We've already done it before, even without Watt, RAC is that good of a coordinator. Watt, Mercilus, D.J. Reader, Clowney, Jonathan Joseph, and Mathieu didn't even play and we were still getting pressure at will against the Chiefs starting offensive line. Anthony Weaver has called this Dline the best and deepest Dline he has ever coached. The LBer position may even be stronger and deeper than the Dline and the secondary will be improved as well. We have made the playoffs twice with the absolute clown car of QBs that have played here since Schaub. All we need is to get the defense to return to form (Crennel will take care of that) and for Watson to finally bring stability to the QB position..

Oh and surprisingly, the Texans offensive line played really well, especially new starting LT Julie'n Davenport.

P.S.

The biggest homer on this board is easily Nashville Dave.. He thinks that the Titans should've been favorites to win the division last year and thinks that the Titans are going to win the division this year and thinks that the Titans should be Superbowl favorites.

I believe that if the Texans defense returns to form due to the departure of Vrabel calling the shots and the reinstatement of Romeo Crennel calling the plays and health of Watson and stability of the offensive line...the Texans will challenge for the divisional title. This isn't a crap division anymore..and depending on the health of Andrew Luck I can easily see the Titans finishing in last place. I think their defensive performance is going to be a crap show this season.

I would agree that he is the biggest homer among opposing fans.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-11-2018, 10:30 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:14 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: If you’re not butthurt, then what exactly are you crowing about?

You think I'm butthurt...can you please explain what it is that I'm butthurt about?

I mean, who gets butthurt about losing a defensive coordinator that surrendered the most points allowed in the league by a wide margin? I mean what sense does that make? Trust me, I'm happy, just like our players are (I guess they're "butthurt" too) to have Romeo Crennel steering the ship again.

Here's another question, has a inexperienced coach ever been given a head coaching job after leading the league's worst scoring defense.. what on Vrabel's resume warranted that kind of promotion? The guy was a solid LBer coach in 2016, but when Houston gave him more responsibility as defensive coordinator he **** the bed and was in over his head, now your team is giving him even more responsibility.. look one day Mike Vrabel might grow to be a good NFL head coach, but he isn't ready yet. Either way, that's your problem now and it worked out on our end by having RAC back..so again, what is it exactly that I should be butthurt about? Romeo Crennel is a > defensive coach/play caller than Mike Vrabel..he's one of the best in league history.

Why would a Texans fan be butthurt about anything Titans related? Is that a real question?

To my bigger point, you feel the need to make a thread about how the the coach you lost, who by the way didn’t mean anything to you but you’re still obsessed with, sucks? I don’t mean to break up the obligatory chest thumping, but what specifically are you crowing about?

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 11:40 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:30 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You think I'm butthurt...can you please explain what it is that I'm butthurt about?

Why would a Texans fan be butthurt about anything Titans related? Is that a real question?

To my bigger point, you feel the need to make a thread about how the the coach you lost, who by the way didn’t mean anything to you but you’re still obsessed with, sucks? I don’t mean to break up the obligatory chest thumping, but what specifically are you crowing about?

Again...you have avoided all my talking points and stats like the black plague, why is that? Why are you avoiding the truth here? I started this thread, because the hype around this guy is completely unwarranted and because delusional Nashville Dave thinks he's going to be a Titans savior..completely ignoring that his resume shows the total opposite of that..the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Also we didn't "lose Vrabel"...I wanted Crennel to take back control of the defense long before y'all hired Vrabel, y'all just helped clear the way for that, so thank you Titans.. the fact that there is a fan (and players) of the team which Vrabel just came from speaking about his inadequacies and inexperience at the NFL level should speak volumes to you. He did a good job coaching the LBers, but completely fell flat on his face when put in control of the defense (A defense that just finished #1 in the league before he was put in charge)..you should be worried as hell about that, but I get it.. you're a Titans fan so you're forced to hope for the best.  I just think that you're too far into the forrest to see the trees here. Feel free to bump this thread if I'm proven wrong though, I don't see that happening, but please do. Vrabel has a LOT to learn in the coaching ranks.

(08-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:30 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You think I'm butthurt...can you please explain what it is that I'm butthurt about?

Well, this is the "division" part of the forum where you can discuss, you know, the division and teams within it.

I'm not seeing this butthurt you're talking about. In fact, there have been a few in this part of the forum trying to bring you tack buddy out of the clouds and talk reality before the first game of the preseason was played. Yes, it is preseason but alot of the issues that were predicted to occur are popping up. The tacks are still looking for a consistent secondary, some receivers to start catching the ball, and a QB that can start going through progressions and throwing at the receivers numbers before going back to the first instinct of tuck and run. The defense as a whole has been able to play with some obvious weaknesses but as TurndownforWatt proposes, Vrabel and his system may actually compound those weaknesses and cause some serious issues. It'll take a few more games to know for sure how much your team will or will not suffer growing pains on both sides of the ball. Looking shakey at the moment.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-11-2018, 11:29 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: Why would a Texans fan be butthurt about anything Titans related? Is that a real question?

Again...you have avoided all my talking points and stats like the black plague, why is that? Why are you avoiding the truth here? I started this thread, because the hype around this guy is completely unwarranted and because delusional Nashville Dave thinks he's going to be a Titans savior..completely ignoring that his resume shows the total opposite of that..the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Also we didn't "lose Vrabel"...I wanted Crennel to take back control of the defense long before y'all hired Vrabel, y'all just helped clear the way for that, so thank you Titans.. the fact that there is a fan (and players) of the team which Vrabel just came from speaking about his inadequacies and inexperience at the NFL level should speak volumes to you. He did a good job coaching the LBers, but completely fell flat on his face when put in control of the defense (A defense that just finished #1 in the league before he was put in charge)..you should be worried as hell about that, but I get it.. you're a Titans fan so you're forced to hope for the best.  I just think that you're too far into the forrest to see the trees here. Feel free to bump this thread if I'm proven wrong though, I don't see that happening, but please do. Vrabel has a LOT to learn in the coaching ranks.

Most Titans fans view Vrabel as an unknown but are excited about the coaching staff as a whole. Your talking points are dumb af because Vrabel isn’t a lb coach, nor is he a dc any longer.

Nonetheless, why the need to post this thread now?

(08-11-2018, 11:55 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 11:29 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Again...you have avoided all my talking points and stats like the black plague, why is that? Why are you avoiding the truth here? I started this thread, because the hype around this guy is completely unwarranted and because delusional Nashville Dave thinks he's going to be a Titans savior..completely ignoring that his resume shows the total opposite of that..the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Most Titans fans view Vrabel as an unknown but are excited about the coaching staff as a whole. Your talking points are dumb af because Vrabel isn’t a lb coach, nor is he a dc any longer.

Nonetheless, why the need to post this thread now?

Lol, so you think another step up in responsibility is going to produce positive results.  Laughing

What is "dumb af" here is you acting like I'm somehow butthurt after we just moved on from literally the worst defensive coordinator in the NFL.. again, You're avoiding that like the plague.

Be prepared to give up north of 25 ppg this season.

(08-11-2018, 11:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: Why would a Texans fan be butthurt about anything Titans related? Is that a real question?

Well, this is the "division" part of the forum where you can discuss, you know, the division and teams within it.

I'm not seeing this butthurt you're talking about. In fact, there have been a few in this part of the forum trying to bring you tack buddy out of the clouds and talk reality before the first game of the preseason was played. Yes, it is preseason but alot of the issues that were predicted to occur are popping up. The tacks are still looking for a consistent secondary, some receivers to start catching the ball, and a QB that can start going through progressions and throwing at the receivers numbers before going back to the first instinct of tuck and run. The defense as a whole has been able to play with some obvious weaknesses but as TurndownforWatt proposes, Vrabel and his system may actually compound those weaknesses and cause some serious issues. It'll take a few more games to know for sure how much your team will or will not suffer growing pains on both sides of the ball. Looking shakey at the moment.

And Mariota was the only QB in the AFC South to throw a TD pass despite his three top targets sidelined. And the defense played well overall despite missing several guys there as well. And it was still just a preseason game. Other than Butler getting abused by Adams with a double move out of press coverage on one play, I didn’t really see shaky so much.