Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate

I have a strong belief, that after the Elites leave the league in 2 to 3 years, BB5 will be a top 15 QB.  I look at Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, and Phillip Rivers as the Elites, and the likes of Cousins, Foles, and other QBs 30 or older as above average at best but nothing special.  Once the Elites retire i do feel that the rest of the leagues QBs will not be all that much better than BB5 statistically outside of maybe 5 to 10 tops.  This is not to be confused with the current BB5 statistics using a run first approach with no pass catchers to rely on for the clutch completions needed to be made when the run game struggles.  

I have seen too many QBs with catered offensive gameplans to utilize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.  Its almost comical that with superstar weapons on different teams on offense they still cater their gameplan and scheme around the young QB.  Yet, with Blake and no top pass catching personnel we dont even put forth professional effort to do the same.  Every team has injuries and whatnot but this team just blows my mind.  With a restricted gameplan i saw a QB put up better numbers than pass first offensive QBs the year before last and even this year when called upon in certain big games.  Its mind boggling and the repeated excuse is the QB cant read the whole field.  

I've seen Blake put up over 400 on a pats D with nothing at receiver.  I've seen him have consistent games late in the season with the best QB stats during that span with still nothing at receiver or TE.  Yet, with all the restrictions put on him all i hear is he sucks regardless.  I know the media is dumb most of the time but the actually majority of fans of the team not seeing these things is lost on me.  The GM failed in getting OLine help and depth after the playoff run just getting norwell.  He also did ok at TE getting ASJ which didnt work out well and then bombed on WR getting Donte smh.  With the mindset of hoping for no injuries or only a few and thinking we'll make a repeated run was just stupid.  

Give me a top 10 to 15 receiver with a decent TE and pass oriented gameplan and BB5 is easily top 10 to 15.  Why am i wrong, i'm waiting.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate - by JagsFansince1995 - 02-11-2019, 02:20 PM