Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate

(02-11-2019, 04:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 03:58 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: The last sentence made me lol.  Honestly, i think he needs a top 15 receiver period and a sure handed TE.   His accuracy and bad decision making, i feel, contributes to him not being a top 5 future hof qb and no offensive gameplan help from the OC.  Everything doesnt need to be perfect but not trying to help your QB is ridiculous.  I mean MM in our same division got handfed an offensive scheme for him to thrive and struggled as much or worse than BB5 at times.  I just dont understand why the odds are soo far off from a QB with no help still shining at times, compared to a QB with more than enough help who looks almost the same or slighty better.

Because you don't seem to have a clear grasp on just how badly Blake Bortles throws the football. 

Mariota is not worth comparing.  He's got his fair share of games in which his accuracy and decision making take heavy downturns as well. 

Blake Bortles would absolutely require all of the things I mentioned to remain a starter on an NFL team -  and even that team would likely seek to upgrade after a couple of years of watching Blake struggle.

Maybe i dont.  I know he isnt a world beater, maybe its still the high from the playoff run; but i think he just needs a decent gameplan and playmakers to win a ship.

(02-11-2019, 04:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 04:03 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: So, its a reach for me to say he's top 10 to 15 down the road, but its a sure thing for you to name college QBs better with no experience.  Not to mention the offensive weapons on the offenses of the current QBs you mention outside of maybe Jimmie G slightly.  This is why i cant take you fans seriously.
If you had a choice between Trevor Lawerence and Blake, you would choose Blake? 

I'm taking all of those QBs over Blake because I believe they are currently better or could be better than him. Those college QBs project to be better than Blake and I'm willing to take that risk rather beat a dead horse with Blake.

I've been right and horribly wrong about college QBs so i never place that bet.  I loved baker, mahomes and wilson.  I also liked manziel and rg3 alot too.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate - by JagsFansince1995 - 02-11-2019, 04:46 PM