Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 03:42 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(02-14-2019, 12:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 06:02 AM)lastonealive Wrote: I think you are still missing the point. You just can't have a qb play bad and be a top 5 offence. 

Yes he's always been inconsistent just like every other middle of the range qb. But in 2017 he kept helping give us early leads including the Pittsburgh and new England playoff games

I think I've made it pretty clear that we did exactly that in 2017.  He had little streaks of playing well, but on the overall he was a bad quarterback being treated with kid gloves by the coaching staff due to his propensity to turn the ball over. 

They managed to mitigate his poor play just enough in that one season to scrape into the AFCCG on the backs of defense and a run game. 

Then they made the grave error of believing that model was sustainable and they extended that bad QB. 

You can keep ignoring that #17 in passing yards per game ranking all you want -- but it clearly demonstrates Bortles marginal contribution to that offensive ranking  - and it demonstrates how the staff kept the ball out of his hands as much as they could.

So you dont think the run run pass offense had anything to do with him not being higher than 17th in passing yards per game.  I mean, the announcers were even mentioning in games that we were not letting him throw and actually advocated for either a new QB or to pass the ball.  I cant agree with ya'll after sitting in the stands and literally laughing with other fans about run or pass on first down.  we all said run the majority of the season and were right, yelling as we went to 2nd and long then 3rd and long or longer.  Then i see this thread saying its blakes fault he wasnt completing in those ugly situations.  

Whats also funning is when we actually called pass run run or pass run pass or anything instead of run run pass.  He actually had good games with close to or over 300 yards passing and we looked like a completely different team. I guess only me and Jalen thought we tried to lose the NE game and countless others not letting BB5 throw.  if i buy a car, im not going to complain about the gas mileage and drive 20 on the freeway.  im going to air it out every once in a while and do 60 plus like im suppose too.  if you're worried about anything else then trade it in or buy a new one.  no one cares about the excuses when it was your choice to use it.  jesus
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate - by JagsFansince1995 - 02-14-2019, 01:30 PM